Westburg's EVs

Tony-OH

Without rehashing the Frazier deal, this is the hardest thing for me to understand since Elias has gotten here. I mean, he could have found a league minimum guy or someone around that range if he was questioning whether or not some of these guys would be ready. He's done a great job so far, but there's little doubt that he's wasted $8 mil.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Without rehashing the Frazier deal, this is the hardest thing for me to understand since Elias has gotten here. I mean, he could have found a league minimum guy or someone around that range if he was questioning whether or not some of these guys would be ready. He's done a great job so far, but there's little doubt that he's wasted $8 mil.

Where are you finding a league average FA for under $8M? 

At this point, my biggest fear is that the O’s won’t pull the plug on Frazier if he’s not getting the job done.   I’m not prejudging that (1) Frazier won’t do a good job, or (2) the O’s won’t pull the plug if he’s bad.  But it’s a concern, based on the $8 mm investment and last year’s track record with Odor.   We’ll see.

Meanwhile, I’m really pleased with how our prospects have looked this spring.  And, I’m really pleased that the O’s have given a ton of at bats to the prospects.  Westburg has had a lot of chances to show what he’s got, and hopefully he’s making an impression.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 2

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

I don't care if the stop gap is league average. 

Josh Harrison signed for $2 mil...the odds are he'll probably be just as good as Frazier. 

A stop gap is not a league average player. Frazier is far superior defensively than Harrison. 

Really happy to see that Westburg is hitting the ball hard this spring.  Also happy to hear Ortiz might be better.  We have a glut of good young talent.  How to keep them all happy and productive and advancing through the ranks is the issue now. 

31 minutes ago, vab said:

I think he's planning to trade Westburg. He has already moved Benscome and has often mentioned possibly dealing from the middle infield prospect depth. Grow the bats, buy the arms. 

I believe you meant Hernaiz, not Bencosme.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

A stop gap is not a league average player. Frazier is far superior defensively than Harrison. 

So? You have better options and Harrison could have been signed as your insurance policy. Less money, more versatile and came off a better year. No need to feel you have to play him a lot with the money he’s getting.

Easily the better signing.

• Upvote 1