Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

Would love to know what was said between Frazier and Manoah when they were jawing at each other day. Manoah seems to have quite a temper (I remember when he threw at Maikel Franco after we hit some HR's off of him).

10 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Would love to know what was said between Frazier and Manoah when they were jawing at each other day. Manoah seems to have quite a temper (I remember when he threw at Maikel Franco after we hit some HR's off of him).

I think Fraizer thought Manoah plunked Mountcastle on purpose on that 1-2 pitch just before him.  Gregg Olson thought the very same thing as well.

Edited by accinfo

12 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

I'm no lip-reader but Frazier very clearly said, "F you."

Speculating, but I bet Manoah said something like "Go sit down" after Frazier showed displeasure at the called third strike on the check swing.

4 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I think Fraizer thought Manoah plunked Mountcastle on purpose on that 1-2 pitch just before him.  Gregg Olson thought the very same thing as well.

Olson definitely seemed to imply that.

I didn't think it made much sense given the game situation, but the way Mountcastle reacted (he was visibly pissed off and I thought that was odd, because it was accidental) and then Frazier cursing him out definitely suggests the O's at least thought he was throwing at Mountcastle.

33 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Manoah seems to have quite a temper (I remember when he threw at Maikel Franco after we hit some HR's off of him).

Yeah I remember he nearly caused a brawl with the Yankees bench last season. He and Garrit Cole were going at it pretty heated and Cole wasn't even pitching that day.

37 minutes ago, accinfo said:

33 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm no lip-reader but Frazier very clearly said, "F you."

Speculating, but I bet Manoah said something like "Go sit down" after Frazier showed displeasure at the called third strike on the check swing.

There's 0% chance Manoah intentionally hit Mountcastle in that situation. I thought it was a pretty ridiculous suggestion by Olson. 

I think Pickles' other post had it right. Manoah barked at Frazier about the fact that he went around, Frazier responded, and Manoah responded back. I saw the Jays broadcast replay in which you can hear/see Manoah repeatedly pointing to the O's dugout and telling Frazier "Go that way."

Just now, Spy Fox said:

There's 0% chance Manoah intentionally hit Mountcastle in that situation. I thought it was a pretty ridiculous suggestion by Olson. 

I think Pickles' other post had it right. Manoah barked at Frazier about the fact that he went around, Frazier responded, and Manoah responded back. I saw the Jays broadcast replay in which you can hear/see Manoah repeatedly pointing to the O's dugout and telling Frazier "Go that way."

It's Manoah so I'd never say a 0% chance.  😉

That being said, I don't think it was.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I wish we would stop debating whether Frazier was a wise acquisition, and just focus on his play.   We might as well debate whether we should have drafted Ryan Mountcastle when we could have had Austin Riley, or whether Napoleon should have invaded Russia with winter coming on.   It’s done.  

Or my personal fav, why winning those last 3 games allowed TEX to draft Tex ensuring he would not be the next O's HOF to get a statue! Typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek. 😁

Edited by AnythingO's

3 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Or my personal fav, why winning those last 3 games allowed TEX to draft Tex ensuring he would not be the next O's HOF to get a statue! Typed with tongue firmly planted in cheek. 😁

Can you imagine the angst if the O's had drafted Tex and then he signed with the Yankees as a free agent?