Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

Another thing that probably merits more investigation is the flattening of the differences between positions. In 1980 there was a 130 point OPS spread between 1B and SS. In 2023 that's about 70 points. I don't know how well that holds up or changes over time, but if there's less difference between positions that probably means less advantage for PHing a backup 1B/3B/LF/DH for your shorstop or 2B. Especially when that .775 OPSing bench player is really a .675 PHer.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Just a typical replacement level game-saving double with two outs in the 9th today.  

In the most important game of the year .. my brother is good friends with Floyd Rayford and said Floyd told him “September and October baseball separates men from the boys” 

• Upvote 2

Today, Frazier made my day/week/month/year. Of course, the Orioles finished business to make it stand. Two strikes, two outs, double to score Mateo. Off a Closer that has been lights out. BEER BE REAL COLD!!!!!! Say what you want about Frazier from here on out. You will not/can not erase this wonderful moment in time. Talk about clutch................................. Adley TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Came up real big today.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

So I guess we have use for Mateo and Frazier in playoff type games after all. 

You always had use for them..the question was always, is it worth it to carry them for that use because we don’t know that the situations will arise.? Still debatable but they are here now, so it doesn’t matter.

48 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Today, Frazier made my day/week/month/year. Of course, the Orioles finished business to make it stand. Two strikes, two outs, double to score Mateo. Off a Closer that has been lights out. BEER BE REAL COLD!!!!!! Say what you want about Frazier from here on out. You will not/can not erase this wonderful moment in time. Talk about clutch................................. Adley TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Came up real big today.

Well said 😁 Frazier and Hicks had a tremendous series and were a big part of our two wins.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

You always had use for them..the question was always, is it worth it to carry them for that use because we don’t know that the situations will arise.? Still debatable but they are here now, so it doesn’t matter.

Sure I agree with that. But a lot of type has been spent basically calling for both of these guys to be DFA’d. 

At the game last night my wife asked what I thought of Frazier. This is how I answered it. 

He is an ok 2b and not even the best we have. And he is a below average hitter.

She asked why does he play and I said:

He has had an almost uncanny ability to make impactful decisions in his play since he has been here. And he seems to change his approach to the situation. 

The ball to RF today with Mateo running almost looked intentional.  He is a role guy and is playing it very well.