Apr 10th: Monday Evening, vs A's

FlaO'sFan

5 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

It's all over the place, and you're right. It's too much. 

Gotta love that we're supposed to be so excited about legal gambling, and they have a huge disclaimer at the bottom of every screen offering help for gambling addictions. In any sane universe this would be a red flag.

Over $600 million was bet last  month in Maryland and Maryland got all of like $5.1 million. It's another scam to make Billionaires and politicians richer.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jagwar said:

I don't care if it's unicorn sweat. It looks bad and it won't last. 

Agreed. It's bad in so many ways. It's not special, its not cool, it's unsanitary and it really is just plain juvenile. I have zero issues with player having fun after hitting home runs, but they have to come up with something better than that. I was embarrassed for Rutschman to have to partake. 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

O's Hose is $29.99 at the new Orioles Fanatic store.

I could see the Orioles making a commercial with kids doing bongs in celebration of a homerun.  Kind of in the vein of the kids smashing bugs in the commercials in "Starship Troopers".   It would be great.   Disturbing but great.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Over $600 million was bet last  month in Maryland and Maryland got all of like $5.1 million. It's another scam to make Billionaires and politicians richer.

I don’t like legalized gambling, but if the state’s cut was much bigger, it wouldn’t make sense to bet.  

2 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I don't care if it's unicorn sweat. It looks bad and it won't last. 

I see the gimmick as a hindrance. Eventually some intelligent sanitary player is going to refuse to do it, and that will create a negative dynamic among the various personalities. It could be a clubhouse buzzkill.

I think it's a bad distraction. They need something more sanitary, something that doesn't sacrifice dignity, and yet still fun.