No gas cans allowed

Going Underground

Maybe it's just me being a dad with kids on the younger side of childhood who has become accustomed to seeing potential dangers in the world and attempts to steer around those opportunities for accidents, or maybe I have worked for The Man for too long, but seeing the gas can promo combined with the "dong bong" (aka homerun funnel) last night - I couldn't help but think to myself... WTFudge is happening over there? Seems like neither wouldn't be "approved by corporate" in this day and age due to the potential for liability or bad PR.

Don't get me wrong, I think its fun, but they both stand out as less than the safe play.

Feels like stuff that would happen in the late 80s, like how movies rated PG would be rated R in this day and age.

The last time I had this feeling was the Super Bowl halftime show with Shakira and Jennifer Lopez... I remember looking around the room at all the kids watching, and thinking to myself how much less gratuitous the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction was. 

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Kris Benson and his wife Anna are no longer with the club. Maybe in the seventh inning stretch instead of the bird dancing on the dugout they can put  up a stripper pole 

100% support Anna Benson and the stripper pole. 

Back to OP, I though this mean we were sending down Gilaspie and Akin?

1 hour ago, AdamK said:

Maybe it's just me being a dad with kids on the younger side of childhood who has become accustomed to seeing potential dangers in the world and attempts to steer around those opportunities for accidents, or maybe I have worked for The Man for too long, but seeing the gas can promo combined with the "dong bong" (aka homerun funnel) last night - I couldn't help but think to myself... WTFudge is happening over there? Seems like neither wouldn't be "approved by corporate" in this day and age due to the potential for liability or bad PR.

Don't get me wrong, I think its fun, but they both stand out as less than the safe play.

Feels like stuff that would happen in the late 80s, like how movies rated PG would be rated R in this day and age.

The last time I had this feeling was the Super Bowl halftime show with Shakira and Jennifer Lopez... I remember looking around the room at all the kids watching, and thinking to myself how much less gratuitous the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction was. 

Dude we have the 2hd lowest payroll in the game. Our ownership is baseball's version of the mob. The park is in the most violent major city in the country. We will never be corporate America's team. We will never be the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays or Rays. We will never be that kind of a franchise.