Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Frobby is the one who brought that up. I’m just asking if his thoughts are consistent with that and wants us to look to move Cano and Bautista in the offseason.

And pickles is only mentioning it because he feels the need to troll me. It’s his thing. He wouldn’t ask anyone else. He has an unhealthy obsession.

I don’t, because we’re a more serious contender now and Bautista and Cano are dirt cheap.  But, if we could trade either one for somebody equally good who is major league ready, plus a very good starting pitching prospect and a couple of lottery tickets, I’d have to at least consider it.  

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t, because we’re a more serious contender now and Bautista and Cano are dirt cheap.  But, if we could trade either one for somebody equally good who is major league ready, plus a very good starting pitching prospect and a couple of lottery tickets, I’d have to at least consider it.  

But We were a contender with Lopez too. (And btw, I said trade this offseason, not now)

It was perfectly valid to question the trade at the time. I remember I didn’t like it when it happened. Turns out the trade worked in our favor, which is good, but it was a questionable trade at the time. 

Edited by dystopia
  • Upvote 1

Yennier seemed upset after earning the save tonight.  Watching the MLB network highlight clip I’m thinking maybe he was upset with McKenna not catching that double as he seemed to be staring out that way after Adley gave him the hug.

42 minutes ago, JimGinSP said:

Yennier seemed upset after earning the save tonight.  Watching the MLB network highlight clip I’m thinking maybe he was upset with McKenna not catching that double as he seemed to be staring out that way after Adley gave him the hug.

I don't blame him.   Cedric catches that ball,  and McKenna should have. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

I don't know,  but I doubt it. That wd have been showing up a teammate in front of the team's leader after a win. Seems more likely to me that he was upset that he'd given up a run and his first walk of the season.

Last 5 innings: 7 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.

After 11 games against lesser opponents, Cano has been tested in 10 appearances, incl. three of 1.67-2 innings, vs. Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, the Angels, Toronto, and Ys. 

On 5/20/2023 at 2:02 PM, RZNJ said:

SportsGuy trying to back Frobby into a corner based on logic has got to be one of the biggest mismatches in OH history.    Like one of the guys in Dumb and Dumber debating Einstein on physics.   

You've got a little something on your nose.... no... a little lower... left...up...  There. Got it.

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He’s definitely turned into a 3+ out reliever. I worry about him holding up over the long haul. 

He usually doesn’t throw lot of pitches though.  Left handers have been able to hit him pretty well lately by going other way on change up and ball nit having quite same movement.  He still eating right handers up though.  Some of the other bullpen guys need to start pitching better to allow him rest and not force Hyde to use him as much.  Baker been awful, Givens looks rusty.  

• Upvote 1

I knew Cano's spectacular early-season performance was unsustainable, but he's looking very hittable as of late.  Over his last eight innings, he's allowed 12 hits.  With someone with a longer track record of success, I might chalk it up to a minor slump, but it wasn't that long ago when he was giving up hits by the bucket full and sported a gaudy double digit ERA.  His control seems as good as ever, and while KO's are down a little, he's still averaging close to 1 per inning over his last 7 games so those are encouraging signs.    

I think Cano is probably a little tired.  He has only been with the Orioles for 42 games, and he’s thrown 29 innings already.  That’s about a 112 inning pace over a full 162-game season.  I’m sure Hyde would have loved it if Baker and Coulombe could have kept the lead at 5 runs so that he could leave Cano on the bench.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2023 at 11:19 AM, Sports Guy said:

So, to be clear, you are calling for us to trade Cano and Bautista?

And I guess we should look to get rid of Santander too..you know, since he was basically free?

I have to be honest with you, this is one of your silliest dig in moments. You are a smarter baseball fan than this continued take and you keep making it sillier with comments like this. You clearly knew Frobby did not mean that. 

Just run up the white flag, admit you were wrong on the take, and move on. It's ok to have a wrong initial take. It's get sillier when the evidence is clear the take was wrong and you keep digging in and arguing for your mistake.