Suggestions on getting best seats

Gerard19

2 hours ago, pdiddy said:

That’s pretty great - does it show up as a message in the ballpark app?!

Pregame - how’s Pratt Street Ale House these days (Oliver’s back in the day)?

I believe if you’re in the Ballpark App and look at “tickets,” there should be some box that says “in game experience” or something similar that lets you play games, upgrade, and some other stuff.

Granted, it’s been a few seasons since I tried it, so I apologize if it isn’t there anymore.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard19 said:

Boog’s is a must! I had it all four days when I came in 1992. Does he still cook at some games? Yes, Montana is beautiful. And relatively quiet. I’ve lived here all of my 65 years and never take it for granted.

Boog stayed away during covid and he is over 80 now, but he does still make appearances.  And his hands are still huge!   I don't know if the food is quite what you will remember from 1992, but for the atmosphere et al, it is a regular stop for me.

49 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

LP Steamers in Locust Point for a true Baltimore crabhouse  Are you renting a car?

Haha, haven't been back in decades but that was a corner bar when I was a kid. I used to walk down the alley with a bucket to get a bucket of beer for my dad. I was maybe 8 years old. Grew up at 1128 E. Fort  Ave. The park across the street was abandoned land that once had row houses. the Coca Cola bottling plant was next to the vacant lot. Memory lane.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gerard19 said:

Boog’s is a must! I had it all four days when I came in 1992. Does he still cook at some games? Yes, Montana is beautiful. And relatively quiet. I’ve lived here all of my 65 years and never take it for granted.

Crazy that there are more billionaires per capita in Montana than any other state.

Always heard how awesome it is.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Suggestions on getting best seats

I highly recommend Amici’s if you go over to Little Italy.  They have daily to go specials which are very reasonable and of exceptional quality.  A few weeks ago on a Thursday night I had a Rigatoni Bolognese entre for $10.  Generous portion,  if you have a mini fridge in your hotel room you’ll have enough for before and after the game!

https://amiccis.com/

14 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Haha, haven't been back in decades but that was a corner bar when I was a kid. I used to walk down the alley with a bucket to get a bucket of beer for my dad. I was maybe 8 years old. Grew up at 1128 E. Fort  Ave. The park across the street was abandoned land that once had row houses. the Coca Cola bottling plant was next to the vacant lot. Memory lane.

That area and the Locust Point area has grown with McHenry Row and the many apartments and upscale bars and restaurants now.

5 hours ago, Gerard19 said:

I’m traveling to Baltimore from Montana for the Pirates and Angels series. I last visited when OPACY first opened in 92. Any suggestions on how to get the best seats as  the ticket websites show the good spots as unavailable (would love one game right behind home plate and on TV there always seems like empty seats). Also, best pregame hangouts around the stadium…I’m staying at the Days Inn a couple blocks from Camden Yards. Thank you. And yes my screen name is a nod to the late great #19 Dave McNally.

Pregame hangout is at Pickles Bar area a few blocks from the stadium. I'll get back to you with seat recommendations after the game against the Nationals at the moment.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Crazy that there are more billionaires per capita in Montana than any other state.

Always heard how awesome it is.

Moderately tax friendly.  Beautiful.  Cheap land.  No sales or Inheritance tax.  Seems like a pretty astute decision to set up shop out there.  

It’s beyond amazing if you like the outdoors.

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

LP Steamers in Locust Point for a true Baltimore crabhouse  Are you renting a car?

I’m taking the Light Rail right from BWI to essentially the front door of the Days Inn. Where I live Uber isn’t a thing but I have downloaded the app if I want to get away from the Ballpark area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard19 said:

I’m taking the Light Rail right from BWI to essentially the front door of the Days Inn. Where I live Uber isn’t a thing but I have downloaded the app if I want to get away from the Ballpark area.

They have water taxis to certain locations and the Circulator bus that is not that reliable anymore but free. 

Miss Shirley's in the Inner Harbor is good girl breakfast but crowded on weekends.