Dodgers are getting desperate at SS

Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

If they can then the Orioles should be able to pry away Cease from them, too.

I’m not sure Cease is in play, but it’s looking like to me that Westburg, Stowers, and Norby, will be the main players of any deal involving buying. Those players are nice but either are RH, or have defensive issues, and will never be good/elite defenders. So for now, they’re trade bait. 

1 minute ago, orioles22 said:

We're going to trade players who have "issues" and can't win a spot with the Orioles for a potential No. 1 pitcher?

I’m not sure any of the players noted in that post have such issues. Norby, probably needs a little more time and Stowers is LH and hasn’t really been given a shot. A couple prospects and throw in a ML ready guy (Santander or Hays?) depending on needs.

The WSox aren’t going anywhere and their front office wants the illusion of upgrading and getting a “haul” to improve their system. Yes, that’s pure speculation, but it could happen. 😏

3 hours ago, orioles22 said:

OK - so throw in Gavin Stone and Bobby Miller and we have pitching prospects to go with all of our infield prospects. We could add Kremer and Perez.

Isn't that how all of the OH trades are structured??  Give us you best player for.....okay, who can we throw in??  Many on here act like we can real value for guys that we don't value, but some other team should.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Isn't that how all of the OH trades are structured??  Give us you best player for.....okay, who can we throw in??  Many on here act like we can real value for guys that we don't value, but some other team should.  

Who are people suggesting we trade that don’t have real value?

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

We're going to trade players who have "issues" and can't win a spot with the Orioles for a potential No. 1 pitcher?

Those “Orioles” are 17-8 with the #1 farm system in baseball. So I know it’s hard to believe but “spare” parts for us like Westburg, Norby, and Stowers, actually still have a lot of value. 

37 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Those “Orioles” are 17-8 with the #1 farm system in baseball. So I know it’s hard to believe but “spare” parts for us like Westburg, Norby, and Stowers, actually still have a lot of value. 

Not sure Stowers would get much more than a backup outfielder, like he is at this point. What makes you think they have a lot of value. I don't think our record would make the Dodgers more likely to trade with us.