Batting 5th at DH..... Willie Calhoun?

Pickles

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Calhoun had a chance to walk it off in the game today. Sadly he just walked, leading to the actual walk off from Lamahieu. Would have been a fun addendum to the randomness of this thread 😂

It had occured to me that I was setting myself up for him to have a monster game.  If he sticks with the Yankees long enough to have a good game against the Orioles, I am going to be incandescent.  

Calhoun's minor league career offensively is why you don't give unproven minor leaguers a roster spot over a proven player like Frazier or Mateo especially on a team looking to compete because alot of players can't transfer them aaa #'s to the Majors although Calhoun had great #'s in the superball  2019 MLB season and that's why he's still hanging around as a 4th round pick

Edited by PsychoBird68
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PsychoBird68 said:

Calhoun's minor league career offensively is why you don't give unproven minor leaguers a roster spot over a proven player like Frazier or Mateo especially on a team looking to compete because alot of players can't transfer them aaa #'s to the Majors although Calhoun had great #'s in the superball  2019 MLB season and that's why he's still hanging around as a 4th round pick

I'd rather give 500 ABs to Frazier than 5 to Willie Calhoun.  It's that simple.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The Yankees have the great Frenchy Cordero in addition to Calhoun.  Can we just forfeit the season series to prevent further embarassment?

I remember way back when, there was quite an uprising here that we released Mr Cordero at the end of spring training.