Using only players in the organization…

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

…how would you change the current 26 man roster (if you would change it at all)?

Would you advocate for drastic changes, minor changes or just give it another 4-6 weeks to see how things stand?

Does this scenario assume that players like Jackson Holiday are ready to play now?

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

…how would you change the current 26 man roster (if you would change it at all)?

Would you advocate for drastic changes, minor changes or just give it another 4-6 weeks to see how things stand?

They're going to have to play around with the bullpen, but there are no real changes that need to take place right now.

SP - Gibson
SP - Kremer
SP - Bradish
SP - Wells
SP - Rodriguez

RP - Voth
RP - Akin
RP - Baumann
RP - Baker
RP - Coulombe
RP - Cano
RP - Hall
RP - Bautista

IF - Mountcastle
IF - Frazier
IF - Mateo
IF - Urias

DH - Santander

OF - Hays
OF - Mullins
OF - Cowser

C - Adley
C - McCann

IF - Ortiz
UTL - Vavra
OF - Stowers

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Cowser in for Vavra or McKenna.

I believe his first weekend of October readiness should the Club get there would be better served tomorrow seeing Corey Kluber than whoever Charlotte is throwing.

If not Cowser, I'd at least sub Stowers and actually play him. 

Assuming complete control, I would drop Frazier and replace him with Westburg.

Really outside of that I'd wait for Tate and Givens to get healthy and reassess at the end of May.

• Upvote 1

As of today, and not playing any time-machine games, here are the changes I'd make to build our strongest 26-man roster, player development be damned. I like our current roster a lot, so I'll only go with the drop/adds:

1. Fraizer for Ortiz
  2. McKenna for Stowers
  3. Vavra for Kjerstad (yes, seriously. I think this guy is going to rake immediately)
  4. Voth for Hall (which might not be that long off anyway)

Obviously this creates some playing time issues which isn't ideal, so we should all be glad that I'm not in charge, but I think these changes make us a better team.

• Upvote 3

Given we have seen Vavra get a lot of playing time in RF recently and I'm frankly over McKenna, those (and maybe O'Hearn, though he's been good and he's only getting limited time anyway) are the only guys I'd do anything with on the Major League roster. 

There's no need for drastic changes as the team is doing well. But I would love to swap out McKenna for Stowers and maybe Vavra but not sure who I'd replace him with necessarily given Vavra adds depth for the OF and INF. I might leave him on the roster for now, but diminish playing time. 

The rotation has pitched well this last time through so I wouldn't be looking to make a change right now. As for the bullpen, Perez, Voth and Akin are the only ones I'd consider moving and the first two don't have options. I think I give them a bit more time and see where we are when Givens and Tate are ready to come off the IL. As for Akin, he looked better the last time out so I probably hold for now.

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Drastic changes? The team is on a 108 win pace. Everybody is not going to be hot at the same time. I don’t understand what some posters seem to expect from the season. 

The team is winning. I would leave the roster alone for a while minus the occasional bullpen change as usage dictates. 

I would send Vavra down and bring up Stowers.

McKenna needs to stay because there's not another viable CF backup, yet. O'Hearn stays as backup to 1B.

Vavra has only been playing RF lately, other than the Urias ejection, so he can be replaced with Stowers.

If there was a better backup CF option right now, I would get rid of McKenna first.