Sunday April 30: Orioles try to end one of their best opening months ever on a winning note

SteveA

7 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Sneaky fast Mountcastle gets in!!!

He's not sneaky fast, he's legitimately quick.

Second fastest 1B in the league. 

He's been faster than Gunnar this season.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/sprint_speed?min_season=2023&max_season=2023&position=&team=BAL&min=10

Edited by Can_of_corn

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Somewhat perversely - I would argue the higher and more consistent attendance so far this year may hold down attendance at traditional high attendance games.     For example if I’m a fan who traditionally went to 1 -2 games per year I’m prob going to pick Mother’s Day or some big giveaway.     That same fan may have already gone to 2 games this year so they say - eh we’ve already been to a couple.  We have tickets for a few more - no urgency to go TODAY. 
    • I don’t think anyone is technically untouchable. If the Braves offered us Acuna for Mayo you would have to make that deal. The MLB channel is just trying to fill time slots and keep non competitive teams fans interested. We all know there is no way Mike Elias is trading Mayo for a Reliever. He’s acquired half our bullpen off the waiver wire or trade throw in like Cano.    Another thought Is Charlie Condon will more than likely be the number 1 overall pick. I would take Mayo over him. Mayo has similar proven power and a better athlete. 
    • Agreed on all points. As far as bullpen additions, I am hoping that Wells gets back in the next month so that there can be a prolonged stretch of internal bullpen options explored to see the true need at the deadline.
    • It was 98% a  load management move as many of us guessed 
    • I think I was the first one to make a Hardy comp several weeks ago on April 10 in this thread.  And to quote what I said: ”He has a JJ Hardy vibe.  Not exactly the same player, but same kind of guy.” I stand by that 100%.  It’s mostly about his demeanor and the way he carries himself than it is his skill set.  
    • Career WAR J.J. Hardy: 28.1 Ryne Sandburg: 67.9 So you going under JJ, over Ryne, or somewhere in between? To me if he gets to JJ we should be very happy.
    • I was unfamiliar with that Justin Martinez guy before this series, but I guess Sig Mejdal would call it "table stakes" that every decent Club has somebody throwing 100 out in the arm barn. Kremer-Gallen was a fun duel early. Currently the only 6 NL teams over .500 are the Top 2 in each division, something Manny and his Padres hope stays that way, but the Diamondbacks and Giants probably will stay close there.
  • Popular Contributors