Thursday afternoon May 4: rubber match in KC, Orioles try to win 7th straight series

SteveA

18 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Throwing 6 innings just about every start whether you're pitching good or not is a tough job.  I'm sure the $8.5 million will make him feel better about the beatings he's going to get. 

Thanks for reminding people here what "innings-eater" means. He did it a few times for us last season, giving up just enough runs for just enough innings to still have a chance once it's bullpen vs. bullpen.

3 minutes ago, CynBeth said:

Why put Perez in with a close game he is one our worst relievers. I should have known not to get too excited as I checked the score every now and then at work. We always seem to have issues with KC. Do not have a good feeling about this.

At what point do they cut ties with Perez? He's struggled big time against the JV portion of the schedule. What make Elias / Hyde think he'll turn it around against the upper division teams? 

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

Man this really feels like the beginning of an 8 to 10 game losing streak, nice that we can beat  the teams with an under .400 winning % but it doesn't mean that we will even be competitive against the contenders.

I agree 

What is this Freddy Fermin thing??

Beginning to feel a lil like the Mets fans must after being swept 3 games to zero just now by the Tiggers despite starting Scherzer and Verlander at last....

12 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Even if we win this, this pitching isn’t going to cut it with the teams we face the rest of the month. At least not the starting pitching. 

The good news is that it's likely we'll be so far behind in some of those games that the back of the bullpen won't be taxed.