Blue Jays Series

Moose Milligan

9 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I think it's a prerequisite to being a Blue Jay.

Or a Red Sock or Yankee? I will say… I like Guerrero. When eh held up a the sign for Mancini at the AS game… I couldn’t dislike him. And also he has been very vocal about never going to the Yankees which I’m all on board with. 

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

I think it's a prerequisite to being a Blue Jay.

I would include Manoah in that. Today he was jawing at Frazier, and I also remember him intentionally throwing at Maikel Franco after the O's hit some HR's off of him a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I was at the beach when this happened and I remember thinking what a dick he was. Never thought that in the entirety of his time here or when he was with any other team… soon as he got to Toronto… asshole. 

Same, it seemed out of character from what I remember from him. It really is an asshole thing to have said, whether he was facing a bad team or not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rm5678 said:

I would include Manoah in that. Today he was jawing at Frazier, and I also remember him intentionally throwing at Maikel Franco after the O's hit some HR's off of him a couple of years ago.

I just saw it on the condensed game. Any idea why he was chirping at Frazier? Frazier seems so stoic and professional out there, hard to imagine what he could have done to set it off. Is it just because Frazier has dominated them this series? 

Kevin Gausman's career has ended up okay, and I'll joke about his comments forever, but I understand him feeling frustrated by the BAL organization (maybe ATL/CIN too) in view of what the Giants helped him unlock.

Big Data has I believe increased how much Clubs influence Player outcomes and we know in the last 10 years there have been big winners and losers in that game.     PIT Gerrit Cole a similar example among SP's we face in the next two games.

Before Kevin Goldstein reconnected with a Club, in one of his Fangraphs chats he gave an answer about the Gerrit Cole acquistion the gist of which was, "we knew that was going to happen if he got used right".    A fun thing right now to consider is whether Luke or one of his colleagues might one day say something similar about Cano.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Didn't realize during the game that Schneider was forced to take Manoah out when he did because it was his 2nd mound visit that inning, which he didn't realize.

Red Sox hometown announcers reporting he admitted it was a screwup in postgame presser and generally having a chuckle.