I think we’ve got an elite team this season

BraveOriole

20 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Probably two and a half million is all that Baltimore can hope for.  Unless something crazy happens and we start being a dynasty team.  Then maybe but still highly unlikely to ever get to three million again. 

Yes, that’s probably a good estimate.  In the 90’s the O’s had the entire Baltimore-Washington area to themselves.  Exclusive broadcast rights covered all of MD, DC, and VA and parts of PA, WV, DE, and NC.  

O'Hearn. McCann, Gibson, and Frazier all really seem to be genuinely happy to be a part of this team.  I don't know if it's because they are happy to have a job,  be on a winning team,  or if there is something about this particular clubhouse,  but they all seem to be having fun with this group. 

And for all of those complaining about Frazier and O'Hearn being on the roster.....we don't win the game without their contributions today.

Combined, they were 6 for 9 with 3 runs scored and 4 rbi's.   Oh, and Vavra was 2 for 5.  The three of them combined for 8 of our 11 hits.

Maybe Elias does know what he's doing.....

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I used to ask how many of our starters could start on good teams. The answer now is...all of them, because this is the second best team in baseball 

You know, that's a perspective that should be appreciated.

I'm starting to believe. 2nd best record in baseball, I believe 5th best run differential. Series wins vs TB, TOR, TEX, ANA, PIT, and BOS (with one series loss). Clearly capable of beating good teams. #7 OBP, #9 in R and OpS, #3 in BB. Consistent starting pitching is the Achilles heel but otherwise we are a good ballclub. Would it be too much to ask for a win tomorrow vs Gausman with a depleted bullpen?

Heres a fun fact: in all of affiliated baseball, from Lo-A to the majors, there are four teams with at least 30 wins as of today. 

Two of those are the Os and the Tides. 

It’s a good time to be an Os fan to say the least. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BraveOriole said:

They can be frustrating a bit due to the youth, but we should be seeing crowds at Camden Yards this summer like we did in 96 and 97 IE: lots of sell outs.

I don't think there will be that many sell outs if the last series was any indication when they seemed to jack up prices overnight. People might be more interested, but if ticket prices have been raised and it's expensive, people are probably going to pass and just watch it at a sports bar or at home. It really depends on how wealthy the target fan is. I can see bleachers and the Bird Bath being full with their promotions, so long as there's not any manipulations or scalping going on.

They have to find the sweet spot to get more fans in the seats at the same time of generating revenue.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

They need to win a lot more to be an elite team imo…starters have to be better. But they are damn good. A lot of pressure on Cano and Bautista going forward though. It’s amazing what an elite BP can do for a team.

Absolutely correct but asking this bunch to win a lot more is probably a bridge too far, but there are better parts coming, probably in the second half.  I don't think either Bautista or Cano can wrap their heads around what has happened to them in the last year or so. Bautista was in the system under DD and not really progressing, Cano was an older, unproductive RP in MIN. I don't care if ME or the Sig-bot or Holt saw whatever in them at this point. They have demonstrated the ability to find and develop valuable assets out of other's spare parts. The grizzled vets seem really happy to be part of maybe something special. The kids all have each other's back. This feels like 1982 to me where we hang around for the first and get onto overdrive in the second half leading to that WS in 2024 the @Bmorewins so desperately needs. 😁