What would Josh Hader cost?

Camden Yards

If we cannot get a TOR starter, why not try to get another big time reliever. Hader is a FA after this season, so what would it cost to rent him for two months? I seriously doubt Elias would even consider it, but can you imagine Cano, Bautista, and Hader? If we have the lead after five or six innings, the game is probably over!

1 minute ago, Camden Yards said:

If we cannot get a TOR starter, why not try to get another big time reliever. Hader is a FA after this season, so what would it cost to rent him for two months? I seriously doubt Elias would even consider it, but can you imagine Cano, Bautista, and Hader? If we have the lead after five or six innings, the game is probably over!

Why would San Diego trade him?

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

Why would San Diego trade him?

If they are out of the playoff hunt and cannot sign him, why would they just allow him to walk. They have underperformed all season! Manny is hurt. They cannot keep paying everyone 200 million and hope to win a chip! Something is off with that team.

How about this logic.  The Orioles traded Hader and a couple of other players for Bud Norris.  Bud Norris = Cole Irvin.  Therefore, it will cost us Cole Irvin.  I think the Padres have more common sense than the Orioles had back then.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Camden Yards said:

If they are out of the playoff hunt and cannot sign him, why would they just allow him to walk. They have underperformed all season! Manny is hurt. They cannot keep paying everyone 200 million and hope to win a chip! Something is off with that team.

I think they have a run in them before the deadline. Even 8f they sputter I don't think they sell. 

Kinda like the Mets. When they spend like that it's hard to throw it in reverse over a little more than a half a season.

I think getting a difference-making SP in trade will be nearly impossible so doubling down on the bullpen might be the way to go. I remember that 1-2-3 punch KC had in the 2014 ALCS - would be great to re-create something like that. 

Count me in as one who doesn’t believe the Padres will sell. Plus, I don’t know if the price would be worth a half season rental. We’re talking about trading someone like Povich, who could actually be a long term option in the rotation.