I Love Aaron Hicks!

Mr-splash

On 7/23/2023 at 12:11 PM, InsideCoroner said:

I’m very grateful that Hicks had been able to play so well in Mullins’ absences, but man, his Kryptonite with two strikes is off-speed stuff below the zone. He flails at it every time.

We have never had players do that before lol  .. a certain other CFer comes to mind and this first base guy 

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

He's had a pretty bad July and you have to wonder if the magic has worn off. For me the alarm bells are blaring....

They are blaring for me too. Same way when I saw Mateo flail in a couple At Bats at the end of his hot streak and my alarm bells went off.

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

He's had a pretty bad July and you have to wonder if the magic has worn off. For me the alarm bells are blaring....

.647 OPS in July.  He dropped two balls.  But he'll be alright.  He a SH and that really helps our lineup.  Where would we be without him?  I thought the outcry was that he was blocking Cowser from being the second coming of Markakis?

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

.647 OPS in July.  He dropped two balls.  But he'll be alright.  He a SH and that really helps our lineup.  Where would we be without him?  I thought the outcry was that he was blocking Cowser from being the second coming of Markakis?

You're right that we wouldn't be where we are without him, but it's about where we're going. If he's hurting us moving forward, we have to be ready to make a change. We're not there yet, though. 

The O's need one of Hicks or Cowser to get hot. They're both cold and they both aren't good defensive CFers. I'm in no way saying Cowser should go down - he shouldn't. But it's a hole in the lineup for the moment. Which is tough when it's also a hole if Mateo plays, and Mountcastle hasn't hit a home run since May 24. 

25 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

My assumption is we won’t know anything closer until game time but they may have already started shipping McKenna north last night.

McKenna or Kjerstad? I know Elias likes to see his guys get at least 200 at bats at each level and Kjerstad only has 125 but that should be enough when you're hitting .344 and OPSing over 1.000!

7 minutes ago, hutchead said:

McKenna or Kjerstad? I know Elias likes to see his guys get at least 200 at bats at each level and Kjerstad only has 125 but that should be enough when you're hitting .344 and OPSing over 1.000!

I think it would have to be McKenna. We’d need someone who could play CF. 

2 minutes ago, RarityFlaherty said:

I think it would have to be McKenna. We’d need someone who could play CF. 

Cowser can play CF and Kjerstad RF. I know Cowser hasn't been all that impressive yet in CF but his track record in the minors says he can play CF.