Orioles Nemesis Optioned to Rookie Ball...

Billy F-Face3

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We are (mostly, I'm assuming) grown adults who **** around on a message board every day for our favorite baseball team.

Some of us sit around and pontificate on and on about hypothetical trades.  Some of us take pride in being able to analyze how much the Orioles revenue is and, in turn, how much they can realistically spend in free agency.  Some of us freak out when we trade a player and the return that we receive.  Others of us freak out on free agents we've signed.

This whole thing is absolutely silly.  If you can't grasp that, then we can't do business.  So yes, HE GOT SENT DOWN TO ROOKIE BALL LOL!!!!

FAFO bro right?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You got me!

Maybe the O's would be stupid and not do it.

They are taking a player without an injury and sending him to the facility they have with all the experts and equipment to get rehabilitated players to the level they need to be to compete at the level their skill set indicates.

It's that simple.

If it is so simple, why have the Orioles and so few other teams done it regularly? Why wouldn't they bring the experts to their AA or AAA locations? Yeah, nothing to see here. 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If it is so simple, why have the Orioles and so few other teams done it regularly? Why wouldn't they bring the experts to their AA or AAA locations? Yeah, nothing to see here. 

Because it's a pretty uncommon situation.

What makes more sense, moving a bunch of equipment and personnel to a location or moving one person to a location?

I'm not even sure what you are doing here?  You can't honestly think the former makes more sense than the latter.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because it's a pretty uncommon situation.

What makes more sense, moving a bunch of equipment and personnel to a location or moving one person to a location?

I'm not even sure what you are doing here?  You can't honestly think the former makes more sense than the latter.

A struggling veteran with an option is very common. It seems weird this is happening. I am not doing anything, just asking questions :)

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

A struggling veteran with an option is very common. It seems weird this is happening. I am not doing anything, just asking questions :)

BS.

This isn't common.

This is Roy Halladay 2.0.

You don't see a guy that was top 3 CY Young, top 20 MVP one season go to arguably worst pitcher in the league in a season without an injury very often.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

BS.

This isn't common.

You don't see a guy that was top 3 CY Young, top 20 MVP one season go to arguably worst pitcher in the league in a season without an injury very often.

But Manoah is injured.

He's a fat turd.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

BS.

This isn't common.

Ah, so it is kind of a big deal then? Yes, it is uncommon for pitchers of that stature to struggle so badly, but if going down to rookie ball is a simple thing why isn't it done more for pitchers of lesser stature? 

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

But Manoah is injured.

He's a fat turd.

He is inexcusably fat. Unless you are a part of the 1% of humans who are genuinely diseased then you should not be extremely obese. I'm not talking about a little extra 15 around the middle that 90% of men over the age of 35 have (and a significant portion of young men have them too), but I'm talking about a true fatass. Carrying a little bit of weight around the middle is in many ways part of being an adult. Priorities shift. But my gosh, there's no excuse to be that overweight. He looks disgusting. 

Edited by Mr-splash
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Ah, so it is kind of a big deal then? Yes, it is uncommon for pitchers of that stature to struggle so badly, but if going down to rookie ball is a simple thing why isn't it done more for pitchers of lesser stature? 

It's a big deal that someone with his track record got demoted.

It is not a big deal that they chose to send him to rookie ball once they decided to send him down.

Just now, Mr-splash said:

He is inexcusably fat. Unless you are a part of the 1% of humans who are genuinely diseased then you should not be extremely obese. I'm not talking about a little extra 15 around the middle that 90% of men over the age of 35 have (and a significant porition of young men have them too), but I'm talking about a true fatass. Carrying a little bit of weight around the middle is in many ways part of being an adult. Priorities shift. But my gosh, there's no excuse to be that overweight. He looks disgusting. 

I'm tired of walking on eggshells: Fat people are gross and should be separated from the general population, particularly when eating.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's a big deal that someone with his track record got demoted.

It is not a big deal that they chose to send him to rookie ball once they decided to send him down.

Seems like it might be a big deal. Medium deal, at least. The fact that he is struggling so bad that he was not sent to AAA or AA is noteworthy. The whole thing is unusual.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm tired of walking on eggshells: Fat people are gross and should be separated from the general population, particularly when eating.

It is an outward indicator of lack of self control. It means you've eaten way too much food. Being fat is the most cruel vice because you can't hide gluttony unlike other vices. A man with a gambling problem can walk down the street and nobody knows. A fat man walks down the street and everybody knows he can't control his eating. 

20 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Also on an airplane  I am tall and the seats are always getting smaller and can't always get the emergency exit row. Then inevitably the person from that stupid TLC  tv show happens to be a seatmate. My 1,000 pound airplane seatmate.It would make great tv.