Saturday, June 10 -- Adley/Captain America Bobblehead day vs Royals

Tony-OH

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I find the practice annoying myself but for some folks it's less greed and more making rent and putting food on the table.

I mean, if you can spend money for a ticket and 3 hours at the game to get the bobblehead to sell for 75 bucks, you could have probably made 3x that just by going to work. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

To be fair, baseball savant is only making that prediction based on how hard it was hit and launch angle, it's not taking outfielder positioning or how much ground the fielder had to cover into account. 

Agreed, it's not a perfect metric to judge, but if you want to find a .510 xBA play where the outfielder made a nice play, but it was because he made it a nice play by misplaying, feel free to show me.

Just now, Malike said:

I mean, if you can spend money for a ticket and 3 hours at the game to get the bobblehead to sell for 75 bucks, you could have probably made 3x that just by going to work. 

Don't try and stop CoC's bleeding heart. People got to eat man. They gotta get there early, pay $35 bucks for a seat, then get a bobblehead and put it EBAY to eat man. things are rough out there! :D

• Like 1

Just now, Malike said:

/shrug.

It isn't how I'd make my living but there is a market for the product. 

I think the folks willing to pay big premiums on collectables are as much at fault.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It was stone cold not funny Tony.

Clearly to you that's correct. I have little doubt you 100% had an issue with a throw away comment in a game thread that called this a "revenge" game for a player who might possibly want revenge for the team that released him.