Olson back to AL?

MaineFan

How is Olson like Brandon Morrow? Because they are around the same age?

Maybe not Morrow since he is highly regarded... but I am mainly saying that they have a bunch of mid-level prospects in their system. Guys like Olson who aren't slated to be world-beaters but could be decent MLB starters.

I feel a little sorry for Olson. He sounded disappointed to leave the O's, but glad that he was going to a contender in Chicago. Now he's shipped off to the wasteland of Seattle, back on a losing team. Oh well, he'll have a much better chance to crack the rotation out there.

I don't really understand what the Cubs are doing. They essentially traded Felix Pie and Ronny Cedeno for a marginal reliever who was booed out of New York last season. I guess they see something in Heilman that makes them think he'll be an effective starter.

I feel a little sorry for Olson. He sounded disappointed to leave the O's, but glad that he was going to a contender in Chicago. Now he's shipped off to the wasteland of Seattle, back on a losing team. Oh well, he'll have a much better chance to crack the rotation out there.

At least he'll pitch in a huge park and doesn't have to face the Red Sox and Yankees 5-10 times a year. And he's from California, so I am guessing he's happy to be there. He probably wasn't going to make the Cubs roster anyway, and Seattle > Baltimore IMO.

Great news imo. I like Olson a lot, but I'm not much of a Cubs fan, while I have a little bit of a soft spot for the Mariners. Now he'll be easier for me to root for and he'll also have a better shot at rotation spot.

Good job by Seattle.

Cubs fans will LOVE Heilman. :rolleyes:

My Mets friends want him tarred and feathered.

Yes, I really don't understand how this guy gets so much value in the trade market, has baffled me for years. He was always involved in every trade speculation I heard with the Mets in the news and, watching him pitch for years, I have no idea how he nets such returns.

Maybe we should trade for him so we can get the missing pieces to our team a week later.

Archived