The Orioles and Nationals reach a settlement in the MASN dispute

LTO's

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Finally.

Hopefully they can straighten out the rest without resorting to the courts.

Should make the Nats easier to sell.

And hopefully facilitates the sale of the O’s to a competent ownership group, one who will actually spend to keep and acquire players, I long for the day when an Angelos has not a damn thing to do with the O's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Finally.

Hopefully they can straighten out the rest without resorting to the courts.

Should make the Nats easier to sell.

The odds of this not going to court should be fairly decent.  The question is when does the RSDC get involved?  

1 hour ago, One eyed Bird said:

And hopefully facilitates the sale of the O’s to a competent ownership group, one who will actually spend to keep and acquire players, I long for the day when an Angelos has not a damn thing to do with the O's

The Orioles won't be sold as long as Peter Angelos is still alive.  

• Upvote 2

Pigs fly!  I said that after the court case was over, grown ups would be able to settle this quickly, but I didn’t expect the two sides to act like grown ups.  Glad this phase is over.  

It also should be possible for grown ups to resolve the 2017-21 and 2022-26 rights fees now without further litigation or arbitration, but we’ll see what happens. 

Edited by Frobby

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pigs fly!  I said that after the court case was over, grown ups would be able to settle this quickly, but I didn’t expect the two sides to act like grown ups.  Glad this phase is over.  

It also should be possible for grown ups to resolve the 2017-21 and 2922-26 rights fees now without further litigation or arbitration, but we’ll see what happens. 

I can only imagine the foresight that will take. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EddeeEddee said:

Nashville Nationals?  Has a ring to it.

I'm with you guys. Get them off our turf.  I liked when Camden Yards was packed to capacity and rocking in the days long before the Washington Expos. 

One would also think that they would save money by avoiding litigation in courts. Lawyers and court fees aren't cheap.

One can only imagine if they gave them 100m, how much the network made overall during that period.  I mean that was just how much they shorted them. The other number had to dwarf that one.  Just trying to keep the lights on. Oh and have rights fees gone up or down since then? What excuses they got now?