Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

9/9, 31, 8 Orioles.

In a doctor's office waiting room, the hidden contents feature doesn't work on my phone.  Maybe if I have a chance later I'll come back and edit from a computer and put in my picks.

The one I couldn't come up with an Oriole for was Oak/TB.  There were a few possible answers I could have used.

EDIT:   Now at a computer so I can post my answers:

Spoiler

Steve Pearce 3%, Scott Kazmir 6%, Colby Rasmus 0.2%

Jose Iglesias 0.9%, Mike Morgan 0.6%, Eric Davis 4%

Dwight Evans 3%, Reggie Jackson 11%, Frank Robinson 0.7%

Surprised Frank is that low.  

Orioles I could have used for TB/Oak if I had thought of them:   Jesus Aguilar, Dana Eveland, Jason Hammel, Rich Hill, Edwin Jackson.   

Edited by SteveA
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, SteveA said:

9/9, 31, 8 Orioles.

In a doctor's office waiting room, the hidden contents feature doesn't work on my phone.  Maybe if I have a chance later I'll come back and edit from a computer and put in my picks.

My opinion: nobody should come to this thread until they’ve already played that day’s game.  That way, no hidden contents necessary and we can openly discuss our answers.   I know I don’t come here unless I’ve played.   But I’m usually on my phone and can’t do hidden contents.

9/9, 77 for me today.   Despite my opinion above, I won’t post my answers for now since I can’t do hidden contents freely n my phone.

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

9/9, 31, 8 Orioles.

The one I couldn't come up with an Oriole for was Oak/TB.  There were a few possible answers I could have used.

EDIT:   Now at a computer so I can post my answers:

Hide contents

Steve Pearce 3%, Scott Kazmir 6%, Colby Rasmus 0.2%

Jose Iglesias 0.9%, Mike Morgan 0.6%, Eric Davis 4%

Dwight Evans 3%, Reggie Jackson 11%, Frank Robinson 0.7%

Surprised Frank is that low.  

Orioles I could have used for TB/Oak if I had thought of them:   Jesus Aguilar, Dana Eveland, Jason Hammel, Rich Hill, Edwin Jackson.   

your encyclopedic knowledge of ex-Orioles is inspiring. bravo as always

I got a 9/9, 168 today.  I thought that might have been my highest score while still getting 9/9, but it turns out that I’ve topped that 4-5 times, including one time where I was at 9/9, 335.   

not my best round (8/9 160-something)

Spoiler

Missed with Robin Roberts who topped out at 198 Ks with the Phils

I'm also convinced until proven otherwise that Todd Jones and Doug Jones are the same person. 50/50 chance I choose the right one

image.thumb.png.27e9fb70b1478f5be6a875fa86335a16.png

Horrible, 6/9.

Learned the hard way that neither Dave Stieb nor David Wells had 200 Ks for Toronto.  Wells actually didn't come close, and Stieb topped out at 198.

My 3rd miss was when I thought I was in the Toronto saves box but I was in the Toronto 200Ks box and typed in a reliever, so user error.

Worst outing in a while.  Felt good about pulling Manny Trillo for Phillies/Cubs.

9 of 9 but a 131 overall - disappointing, but a pretty difficult puzzle today.

Spoiler

Royals are killer, plenty of 300 HR guys that I could've chosen for 300 HR if realized they are royalty (no pun intended) when it comes to picking up stars at the end of their career. 

image.png.03ce0eceb6bd112fc8e38efb5b6e505d.png

Edited by nvpacchi

54 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I flunked out on Angels-Brewers and Angels-Mariners.   Three teams I pay little attention to.

Actually you flunked out thinking that the  Mariners were involved in today's grid at all.  🙂

8/9, 193.   Might have been 9/9 and around 100 if not for a stupid error.

Spoiler

I tried to put Derrek Lee for 1B/300 HRs.  Unfortunately I typed in "Derek Lee" whose entire career consisted of 38 at bats with a .152 average for the 1993 Twins.

So 8/9:

Don Sutton, XXXXXXXXXX, Don Baylor

Lorenzo Cain, Jeff Conine, Carlos Beltran

Cecil Cooper, Jesus Aguilar, Mike Schmidt

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

9/9, 63. It took ages to think of an Angel/Marlin, and the one I got I wasn't confident was going to hit. 

Hide contents

image.png.e7b7b0a18dca8973f7400f49baac3867.png

DH is a great spray and pray hope for a final piece of the puzzle.  Especially since he did the rounds with teams that are a lot harder to match

On 3/20/2024 at 10:35 AM, SteveA said:

Actually you flunked out thinking that the  Mariners were involved in today's grid at all.  🙂

Yeah, meant to write Marlins.  I knew it was them.