Roch: Cowser to join Orioles in NY

Brian88

VERY much hoping that he gets everyday playing time (that he gets treated like Adley/Gunnar/Westburg as opposed to Joey Ortiz).

It’ll be interesting to see who they come at the expense of; I’m thinking/hoping a combo of Urias/Frazier/Mateo, with Santander playing more at 1B.

Hard to bench any of Hicks/Mullins/Hays right now, for sure.  Not even sure which I’d put at DH in order to get Cowser regular fielding time. 

15 minutes ago, deward said:

This certainly flies in the face of the theory that Elias didn’t want to break in multiple rookies at once. The pattern suggests that Elias was content to leave things be as long as the team was on pace to win 100 games, but ready to move once things began to regress. Very happy to see it, hopefully Kjerstad will follow in a few weeks. 

Either that or they were waiting for the Super 2 cutoff to pass on.

• Upvote 1

Throwing away games is over.   We are in a free fall and could easily be looking up at the american league east if we mess around too much.  Two weeks of steady losing could be all it takes to be knocked out.   We got to bring up the kids now.  No more being cute with starting players clocks.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Getz said:

Either that or they were waiting for the Super 2 cutoff to pass on.

Maybe. Could have called him up a week or two ago if that was the only factor though. I guess we'll never know, given the timing of this current skid. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

VERY much hoping that he gets everyday playing time (that he gets treated like Adley/Gunnar/Westburg as opposed to Joey Ortiz).

It’ll be interesting to see who they come at the expense of; I’m thinking/hoping a combo of Urias/Frazier/Mateo, with Santander playing more at 1B.

Hard to bench any of Hicks/Mullins/Hays right now, for sure.  Not even sure which I’d put at DH in order to get Cowser regular fielding time. 

Again like Westburg, I don't think they waited this long to bring him up and not play him just about everyday.  It maybe for Hayes if he isn't ready to go the rest of the week.  Either way if he does ok and Hayes gets healthly eventually he will get at bats at the expense of O'Hearn and or Hicks.  More because he is the future and they are not.  It has been a tough week but it is time to find out what these young guys can do the rest of the way.  Throw in a pretty talented pitcher in Grod and let's see what happens.