Friday, July 7: Orioles at Twins, televised exclusively by AppleTV+

SteveA

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Sounds like a good trade partner for the O's in the offseason.  I doubt the Twins want to trade any starters now.

Buxton has to be a huge disappointment.  He was hitting like an All Star/MVP candidate when he played center field (and then would get hurt).  Now he's totally mediocre, hitting .214 w/ 760 OPS,  He must be the best fielding DH ever.

I wouldn't disrespect Buxton. He's still a dangerous hitter if you take him lightly.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Every day bats are more valuable than pitchers who play just once in 5 games for half a game and they traded away their best everyday consistent bat in Arraez.

I think that is true in terms of the regular season. But in the post season with the short series deciding a team’s fate, I’m not sure if that holds true.

Either way, I do not want to see the Twins in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Ober is 28 in 5 days and has 228IP in his big league career over 3 years and people are talking about him like he's going to the HoF. Yes, he was very good against us last week, the start before that the Tigers dangerous lineup touched him up. Not sure why people tend to overvalue every other team's talent and undervalue our own.