2023 14th Round Pick (#421): Michael Forret - RHP - (J1) State College of Florida Manatee (FL)

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

With his age and pedigree I highly doubt he is going to sign for $150K. Could be an overslot or a draft and follow if he stays in JuCo.

He pitched 2 games on the Cape this year.

Draft and follows are from like 20 years ago.  You get until the deadline.  The Mets drafted Brandon Sproat last year, didn’t sign him and drafted him again this year.  Used to be you could still sign someone unsigned almost up to the time of the next draft.   That was the old draft and follow.

6 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Lots of arm side run as well. I think I saw on CH that was not a plus pitch, SL looks pretty good though.

Yes, and everything is pretty close to the same slot. At least it appears so from that angle. This org will sharpen that CH with him, if he signs. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Draft and follows are back with the new CBA. Only for JuCo guys or high schoolers who go to JuCo who are taken after the 10th round.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/checking-in-on-the-7-draft-and-follow-prospects-from-the-2022-class/#:~:text=To be eligible as a,draft-and-follow player.

Thanks, didn’t know that.  I wonder why they brought it back.