Aneudis Mordán

Sports Guy

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Where did this guy come from? You figure his name would had come up at some point with very few bright spots with the FCL team.

I think he probably just wasn’t on people’s radar because he really performed so poorly in the DSL during his first two seasons in ‘21 and ‘22.

Not comparing him to Basallo and definitely not putting him in the same prospect category, but he’s only 2 months older than Samuel so he’ll play a good part of the season (presumably) at Delmarva as a 19 year old.  

Nice to see him breakout in the FCL. Hopefully he’ll finish out strong this year and prove next year that this year wasn’t a fluke and give us yet another young catching prospect to track more closely. 

Just looked at the box score for the DEL game this eve. They are playing the Fred Nats and ‘22 draft consideration Elijah Green who is currently sporting a .208 BA, .629 OPS and 133 Ks in 269 ABs.

Yikes. Dodged a bullet there. I think we may have drafted the right guy. Almost the exact same age as Holliday to the day. 

3 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Just looked at the box score for the DEL game this eve. They are playing the Fred Nats and ‘22 draft consideration Elijah Green who is currently sporting a .208 BA, .629 OPS and 133 Ks in 269 ABs.

Yikes. Dodged a bullet there. I think we may have drafted the right guy. Almost the exact same age as Holliday to the day. 

He has struggled with the exact issue people were worried..swing and miss.

That said, he’s very young and you just don’t know how he will develop or if the light bulb turns on.

We also don’t know if the Os could have developed him better than the Nats. Where you go matters.

But yea, definitely prefer Holliday.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

The second I heard Green was having contact issues on high school that should have been flashing red light on top of a red flag!

Mordan has a nice little bat, but the arm is questionable behind the dish and he's on the short side for 1B.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scarey1999 said:

Isnt Green the one they said had the best hit tool in the draft or am I mistaken?  Those strike out numbers are a horrible red flag. 

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Isnt Green the one they said had the best hit tool in the draft or am I mistaken?  Those strike out numbers are a horrible red flag. 

Best hit tool was Termarr Johnson.   Green had the best tools but had swing and miss concerns.