Friday, July 21: Showdown in St Pete continues

SteveA

3 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Can't wait till robo umps.  Seems like every other night we see a series of awful calls.

Tbh we've benefited from bad calls over the season too.

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 2

I had no expectation that we were going to sweep them. They are a good team too. With the way Eflin pitched combine with the generous strike calls below the zone, we probably are going to have to just chalk this one up and move on. It's baseball. 1 of 162. On to tomorrow if we don't pull off a miracle tonight. We will still be 2 up on them in the loss column.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

It may indeed be true that one day SS doesn't work for him. But right now he looks kind of awesome at it. It appears to be no legitimate reason to move him off of the position RIGHT NOW. If one day he can't handle it and Holliday proves better, you can slide him over to 3B. But as the expression goes, "if it ain't broke why fix it?"

That's fine/fair. He is better at SS than 3B right now, and if it means no Mateo then I'm for it.

Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the long-term. It's just a general principle that it doesn't do a developing player looking for their footing many favors to be constantly shifting their position. It's like the offensive linemen who get jerked around from guard to tackle and never settle.