Scoreboard watching

Frobby

28 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The Diamondbacks have DFA'd Zach Davies a few days early to get themselves an 11th (count 'em, 11) reliever for these tournament chasing five days.

Its basically the move some had advocated to happen to Jack Flaherty or Jorge Lopez when the path to the division title was foggier.    

Makes much more sense for a team fighting for their playoff lives than it does for a team who has already stamped their ticket to the playoffs. It was obvious that Baltimore was going to the playoffs in August.

4 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Tonight could be the night correct? With a win and Rays loss.

The Red Sox can hit, as they showed again last night and will probably show in Baltimore -- though they'll see a different kind of monster in LF, composed of lots of green grass.

Glasnow starts for the Devils tonight. He has not been terrific lately. In his last three starts (going backwards), he's allowed 4 earned runs in 5.1 innings, 6 in 4 (in Baltimore), and 4 in 5.1. The Sox hit the Jays' bullpen pretty well last night. So maybe the RS give us a win tonight. They start at 6.10, so maybe we get a BRob/Bee (Bumbry) magic number for a few minutes before the Orioles win. 

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd be more afraid of the mom instead of the authorities.  Did you see her get in his face?  With that streaky hair, looked like a pissed off badger.

There were reports today that the kid? told security that he thought they needed the ball back. He had never gotten a foul ball before and he thought they needed it for the game. If this is true, then my guess is the kid may be autistic and did in fact think this was true.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

There were reports today that the kid? told security that he thought they needed the ball back. He had never gotten a foul ball before and he thought they needed it for the game. If this is true, then my guess is the kid may be autistic and did in fact think this was true.

I would hope if he were autistic, his mother would have been more understanding, she was screaming in his face.

Acuna notched 40-70 in the bottom of the 10th and the bag mattered as Albies singled him in to walk the Cubs off again.

The game paused a moment as Acuna pulled up the bag, and a replacement was installed.     Pace of play wise, it was a little bit of an interlude - the Cubs had a rookie reliever working the bottom of the 10th.

Looking like a banner day for Arizona as Marlins also dropped first game of doubleheader to Mets, and are at risk tied late in game 2.

Kim Ng perhaps won't have Mets groundskeepers on her "nice" list this Christmas season.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38507167/mets-apologize-marlins-soggy-field-forced-doubleheader

• Upvote 1

With Atlanta's win, the only way we could have home field advantage in an Orioles/Braves World Series would be if we won all 4 from Boston and Atlanta lost to the Cubs tomorrow and lost all 3 to the Nats.   

So once we win the division, probably the only thing left to play for will be home field edge in a potential 1966 rematch with the Dodgers.   At the moment, our magic number for that is 4.

Verducci reporting Astros will accelerate Verlander to Saturday, skipping Hunter Brown (perhaps also pushing him into the bullpen).

Dusty removed Framber for Graveman opening the 5th inning.     Last night none of the Astros Big Four RP Graveman-Neris-Abreu-Pressly threw, so I think they'll look for 5/9ths of this big game from those guys.

Just 80-ish pitches from Framber, who I guess might open Sunday if it matters.

Last night despite a good lead, Servais wasn't messing around and used his A relievers behind Kirby.      He'll use them again in the next hour or so.

Wow, someone alluded to the Rays celebrating and I had no idea what they were talking about.   But they really did celebrate clinching a playoff spot (which actually happened the day they lost the last game in Baltimore several weeks ago) with a champagne celebration last night.   

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38509298/rays-hold-celebration-10-days-clinching-postseason-berth

Odd.   They did it because they have an off day tomorrow.

So while we were winning #99 and putting them on the brink of elimination, they celebrated.

Edited by SteveA

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wow, someone alluded to the Rays celebrating and I had no idea what they were talking about.   But they really did celebrate clinching a playoff spot (which actually happened the day they lost the last game in Baltimore several weeks ago) with a champagne celebration last night.   

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38509298/rays-hold-celebration-10-days-clinching-postseason-berth

Odd.   They did it because they have an off day tomorrow.

So while we were winning #99 and putting them on the brink of elimination, they celebrated.

I hope someone cleaned the clubhouse.   The Orioles will be showing up there in a few hours and I'd hate there to be sticky champagne all over the place and it be littered with empty beer cans.

We’re playing the Sox at home.