Hicks to IL McKenna recalled

Spakman

34 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Not a McKenna fan in any way..his walk off HR was his moment..there haven't been many more for him....we need better...

To be fair, other than the dropped ball in April he is a pretty good defender. I’m sure most on here would want Kjerstad and then if he struggled for 15 at bats want him sent back down. 

Edited by sevastras

25 minutes ago, sevastras said:

To be fair, other than the dropped ball in April he is a pretty good defender. I’m sure most on here would want Kjerstad and then if he struggled for 15 at bats want him sent back down. 

I’ve been a STRONG critic of McKenna but recalling him is the right move with both Ced and Hicks missing time. This should keep Cowser in the lineup most days going forward so I’ll allow it. Cowser needs the ABs to get through this adjustment. I’m here for that. It stinks that it’s at the expense of the health of Ced and Hicks though. 

Edited by banks703

25 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Ehhh he’s capable of being a good defender. I’ll concede that and he’s had moments when he’s been pretty good out there but too often does it seem that his head isn’t in the game or he’s not going all out in the field. There have been at least two times this year when he Arozarena’d a play and a runner advanced. For a guy whose calling card is supposed to be his defense, that’s not awesome.