So with todays win.....

9-8 in the Big East is much better than the ACC this year. If Md loses tonight they are also 5-5 in their last 10.

I have no idea how Michigan is still in with Lunardi. 2-7 in their last 9 should remove them immediately from the discussion.

But look at the schedule of Seton Hall in conference play.

UConn once.

Nova once.

Pitt once.

WV once.

GTown zero times.

So they played the top 5 teams only 4 times.

St Johns twice.

Rutgers 3 times.

South Florida twice.

Not sure that their 9-8 in conference is better than MD's 9-8.

Look at SH's losses: Rutgers(2), DePaul, St.Johns, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Richmond.

That's brutal.

And look how they played in their two toughest games.

At Duke: lost 93-40.

UConn: lost 99-57.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miami up on Duke nearing halftime...

Throwing out a paranoid question, would a victory over Duke for the Canes put them back in the bubble picture yet?

I think Miami would have to win at least one more after Duke.

But look at the schedule of Seton Hall in conference play.

UConn once.

Nova once.

Pitt once.

WV once.

GTown zero times.

So they played the top 5 teams only 4 times.

St Johns twice.

Rutgers 3 times.

South Florida twice.

Not sure that their 9-8 in conference is better than MD's 9-8.

Look at SH's losses: Rutgers(2), DePaul, St.Johns, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Richmond.

That's brutal.

But they actually won some of these games as opposed to Maryland. 5-4 against RPI top 50s is a huge plus, especially when 3 of those wins came on the road against tourney teams. No getting around the bad losses but I think they'll be overshadowed from having so many good wins and Seton Hall gets in.

But they actually won some of these games as opposed to Maryland. 5-4 against RPI top 50s is a huge plus, especially when 3 of those wins came on the road against tourney teams. No getting around the bad losses but I think they'll be overshadowed from having so many good wins and Seton Hall gets in.

Yeah, that's possible, I wasn't necessarily saying MD deserves to be in over SH, just showing that SH doesn't have that good of a resume and they conference record isn't much better than MD's as you said.

Yeah, that's possible, I wasn't necessarily saying MD deserves to be in over SH, just showing that SH doesn't have that good of a resume and they conference record isn't much better than MD's as you said.

Neither team has a very strong resume which is why we're discussing them.

Michigan though should be the team left out. I dont see how they ignore that finish and they dont have the overwhelming number of top 50 wins that Seton Hall has.

Neither team has a very strong resume which is why we're discussing them.

Michigan though should be the team left out. I dont see how they ignore that finish and they dont have the overwhelming number of top 50 wins that Seton Hall has.

Yeah, only 1 team has ever been selected after losing 7 of their last 9. So it will be interesting to see how the committee handles them.

When will you guys learn to keep your mouths shut when things are going well?

A loss would not have been a bad thing....Wake up big on NC St right now going into halftime..If they hold on, Duke will play a tired Wake team tommorrow. I guess they are in the finals.

I really would not have cared if they lost today or tommorrow but if they don't, i want UNC in the final.

Archived