So with todays win.....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I don't think a win over a weak team like GT does much to soldify things for the Terps. Especially if FSU takes care of business by beating WF. I think the committee is going to have a hard time passing on a 20-win FSU team that went 9-7 in conference, beat dook, and might have beaten dook twice if not for a call the league admitted was mistaken, certainly not in favor of a Maryland team that had a lesser conference record, lost to FSU H-T-H and hasn't had a single impressive win this season.

And let's face it, the ACC just isn't going to get 6 this year without a serious turn of events.

So I still say Maryland needs to beat BC for that serious turn of events to take place, and maybe an FSU loss to WF as well.

And I don't think a win over a weak team like GT does much to soldify things for the Terps. Especially if FSU takes care of business by beating WF. I think the committee is going to have a hard time passing on a 20-win FSU team that went 9-7 in conference, beat dook, and might have beaten dook twice if not for a call the league admitted was mistaken, certainly not in favor of a Maryland team that had a lesser conference record, lost to FSU H-T-H and hasn't had a single impressive win this season.

And let's face it, the ACC just isn't going to get 6 this year without a serious turn of events.

So I still say Maryland needs to beat BC for that serious turn of events to take place, and maybe an FSU loss to WF as well.

I think the ACC can get 6 if FSU and MD both win at least one more, and especially if FSU wins one more and MD wins 2 more. The ACC is the 3rd highest rated conference in terms of RPI I believe. If MD beats GTech and than loses against BC, there's a good chance they'll be left out, but they'll likely be close. Should be a top 50 rpi team, which along with 9 ACC wins is a decent resume.

I think if Maryland advances one round further than FSU, they are definitely ahead in terms of order of ACC teams getting in. FSU has a pretty weak strength of schedule, and they both only have two top 50 wins, one of which was Maryland for FSU.

Agreed. If MD can advance and Fla St does not, I think State's horrific SOS may come back to haunt them. MD's resume is nothing to brag about, but today's win improves the road record. And I believe a win against GT guarantees a 5-5 record in our last 10 games.

Bottom line is we have to win two. Do that and we're in.

No, I don't think they are unless they bet Wake. A loss to Wake destroys their chances.

As of today, they are in(according to Lunardi as well).

I do agree that a loss to Wake will really hurt them. Alot will depend on what happens in the various conference tourneys. Hofstra looking like they will beat George Mason right now...That is bad news because that conference will then get 2 and perhaps 3.

I think FSU is a lock right now.

I think Maryland with 2 wins is a lock. 1 win and it'll depend on if there are (m)any upset in smaller conferences and how other bubble teams do. I'd say we'd probably be 40/60 in favor of missing out with just one win though.

I think FSU is a lock right now.

I think Maryland with 2 wins is a lock. 1 win and it'll depend on if there are (m)any upset in smaller conferences and how other bubble teams do. I'd say we'd probably be 40/60 in favor of missing out with just one win though.

I would say 0%. They just lack the top 50 wins.

Take a lesson from this GW...Schedule the stronger mid major teams in the preseason from now on.

Their strengh of schedule for this year was 11th, so this is pretty high. But i do think they should schedule a few mid majors. As for the teams chances I think the ACC can get 6. FSU is probably already in. MD will be in for sure with 2 wins, with 1 win I'd say their chances are still pretty good, but the 2nd win would remove any doubt.

As of today, they are in(according to Lunardi as well).

No, according to Lunardi, before the win today (and he has yet to update it, nor will he until tomorrow) FSU was the last team out. Texas A&M had replaced them.

Which is why, even with today's win, they are on the bubble. Currently in, perhaps. But a loss to Wake could push them out, especially if a team like A&M performs well in the Big 12 tournament.

And today Maryland was the 8th team out. That gives them a shot, but a first round loss clinches their exit, and a first round win probably only pushes them onto the cusp. They really are going to need that BC win to secure a spot for themselves.

Archived