Sunday, August 6: Orioles go for sweep of Mets

SteveA

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Over years of sports betting as a hobby, one thing I have learned is that when a team that everyone believes should be really good finally reaches the point where they are out of it, they often get REALLY bad, even below the level that would be dictated by their remaining talent.   And of course due to the team's reputation/name/star power they often are still treated by the odds as if they are good.   You can usually make some $ betting against teams like that in the 2nd half of a season.   Holds true in both MLB and NFL.

The Mets will play someone like Colorado and they will be favored to win because it still feels like they should be a better team with what they have left over.   Bet the team like Colorado each game as a + money underdog, win half and lose half... and walk away with a little profit.

Someone that bets could have made a ton of money on the O's this year.  I swear the O's are the underdog in 2/3 of the betting lines still.  That was somewhat understandable at the beginning of the year because the O's were one season removed from losing 110 games.  Now it's almost laughable.  I believe the O's were the underdog in every game against the Blue Jays. 

That should keep the confidence going in the right direction. I like Fuji coming in with no runners on. He is a starter who is converting. It’s best to not put him in with runners on until he gets more experience.

Edited by Rbiggs2525