The DBacks Series

Frobby

Given that the D-Backs are fighting tooth and nail for a WC spot I think they'll hit us with everything they got. We've also not fared well against NL playoff contenders this season, losing series to the Braves, Dodgers, Phillies, Reds, Brewers, Cubs, and Padres. I'm expecting to lose 2 of 3 this weekend, and am hoping against hope that we don't get swept. 

This is a very intriguing series. If you want to be considered a legitimate contender for the Big Prize, you have to beat teams in their ballpark. I think this series is going to be a real test of just how good this team is and whether they can hang with the better teams in the NL. Once the playoffs start almost every team is at least as good as AZ. Gonna be a great test. Wish it was in the Eastern time zone.

This may be more @Lurkerstuff, but IIRC the Phoenix metro area is a place Bradish spent some time growing up.     B-Ref lists him born there but no idea if he moved at 4 or 14, etc.

Before the Gallen acid test at the end, tonight our Bats have a look at Zach Davies and tomorrow we have one of our Top of Rotation guys out there.

I wonder if the weather will affect the Orioles, it has been scorching hot in Phoenix all summer and they're not used to play in such conditions. Maybe they got a little break, it looks like that this weekend the temperatures will be a little bit cooler but still really hot.

3 minutes ago, Getz said:

I wonder if the weather will affect the Orioles, it has been scorching hot in Phoenix all summer and they're not used to play in such conditions. Maybe they got a little break, it looks like that this weekend the temperatures will be a little bit cooler but still really hot.

In Phoenix the game time temp will be 84 degrees with partly cloudy skies. 

In Baltimore the temp at 7pm EST will be 77 degrees and sunny.

1 hour ago, Getz said:

I assume they'll close the roof if it's too hot. 

2 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

In Phoenix the game time temp will be 84 degrees with partly cloudy skies. 

In Baltimore the temp at 7pm EST will be 77 degrees and sunny.

Phoenix plays in a stadium with a retractable roof, they aren't letting people melt out there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Don't sleep on the D-backs, they are a good team. Gallen vs Flaherty is a guaranteed loss if there ever was one. 

Good thing there is no such thing, then.  I wish I kept a list of every time someone called a win or a loss “guaranteed,” and could compare it to the actual results.  Lots of random stuff happens in baseball.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Good thing there is no such thing, then.  I wish I kept a list of every time someone called a win or a loss “guaranteed,” and could compare it to the actual results.  Lots of random stuff happens in baseball.  

That's why I added the qualifier. I'll still watch the game for sure.