Rays series

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

You could say that there's more pressure on the Orioles as the team not wanting to blow their lead, and the team who hasn't been to the postseason in seven years. 

But mathematically, each game is certainly more important for the Rays, as they need to win 3/4 or better to improve their odds. The O's can improve their odds with a split. 

Seems to me that the Rays blew a bigger lead than we've had.  No?

Tonight is the type of game you really miss Bautista and why I’m so worried about the playoffs without him.

Bradish was at 88 or so pitches entering the 7th. Maybe Hyde has him pitch but maybe he doesn’t. Maybe he goes Cano for the 7th and part of the 8th and Felix the rest.

Im not saying this to say that Hyde made a mistake by keeping Bradish in. Just saying that he used those 2 to get 9 outs during the season in big moments and tonight easily could have been one of those times. 

Us not being able to shorten games against the best teams is a real issue.

This game felt over when Adley hit into that DP. It is like playoff baseball, and in the playoffs you can't have the bases loaded with no outs and only get 1 run. Especially when you are facing a team with great pitching.

Hopefully the bats are awake again soon, or at the very least come playoff time. Lots of streaky hitters on this club and right now they are almost all cold.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Tonight is the type of game you really miss Bautista and why I’m so worried about the playoffs without him.

Bradish was at 88 or so pitches entering the 7th. Maybe Hyde has him pitch but maybe he doesn’t. Maybe he goes Cano for the 7th and part of the 8th and Felix the rest.

Im not saying this to say that Hyde made a mistake by keeping Bradish in. Just saying that he used those 2 to get 9 outs during the season in big moments and tonight easily could have been one of those times. 

I think it's a stretch to blame this loss on not having Bautista. Bradish likely starts the 7th regardless. I don't see why Bradish was any more likely to give up that 4th run than a reliever. He was cruising.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Bradish retired 12 of the 13 hitters before the homer with just a single and only 90 pitches there was no reason to take him out.  

• Upvote 1