Astros Series

Moose Milligan

7 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Wednesday's starter is listed as TBD although it's Bradish's turn. I thought Kevin Brown said Hyde was going to make a determination based on how the first two games went.

He might have.  I hadn’t heard about that.  I guess that regardless of whether he pitches Wednesday or Thursday, he could be available for two more starts after that if the O’s decided they needed to deploy him that way in a tight pennant race.  Hopefully that won’t be necessary. 

Edited by Frobby

31 minutes ago, Malike said:

Tomorrow is game 12 of 17 straight and the bullpen is taxed. I hope Gibson can pitch well, but he might have to take one for the team if he can't to try and save the pen.

Pitches in the last 3 days (most recent first): 

Fujinami 21/20/0

Coulombe 12/11/0

Webb 16/0/0

Baumann 15/0/17

Perez 8/5/0

Cano 3/9/0

Lopez 0/22/0

Hall 0/16/0

I’d say only Fuji is absolutely out of bounds on Tuesday.   Coulombe probably is too.  Hyde almost never pitches anyone 3 days in a row, but Cano has only thrown 12 pitches the last two days, and Perez only 13.   I’m thinking Hyde has them in the “available if necessary” category.  Hall and Lopez are definitely available, Webb and Baumann probably are.   

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Pitches in the last 3 days (most recent first): 

Fujinami 21/20/0

Coulombe 12/11/0

Webb 16/0/0

Baumann 15/0/17

Perez 8/5/0

Cano 3/9/0

Lopez 0/22/0

Hall 0/16/0

I’d say only Fuji is absolutely out of bounds on Tuesday.   Coulombe probably is too.  Hyde almost never pitches anyone 3 days in a row, but Cano has only thrown 12 pitches the last two days, and Perez only 13.   I’m thinking Hyde has them in the “available if necessary” category.  Hall and Lopez are definitely available, Webb and Baumann probably are.   

Maybe Flaherty is in play too.

I have a couple feelings about this series: First of all, I'm not convinced that last weeks Tampa Bay wasn't the better team overall.. (we barely scraped into tying that series) HOWEVER, coming into this series, it's obvious that the Orioles are.

Now, that being said, I agree with what one of the announcers said, in regards to it being nice to win a "normal" game for once ;)

5 hours ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

I have a couple feelings about this series: First of all, I'm not convinced that last weeks Tampa Bay wasn't the better team overall.. (we barely scraped into tying that series) HOWEVER, coming into this series, it's obvious that the Orioles are.

Now, that being said, I agree with what one of the announcers said, in regards to it being nice to win a "normal" game for once ;)

You could also say that Tampa narrowly avoided losing 3 of 4 to the O's.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

The won a 1 run game on Thursday, we won a 1 run game in extra innings where we had to come back twice on Sunday. They won a laugher by 6 runs with a dominant performance by their starter on Friday. We run a game by 8 runs with a dominant shut out performance by our starter on Saturday.

I don’t where the evaluation comes out with Tampa being better? It looks like a pretty evenly played 4 game split to me.

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2023 at 1:34 AM, Frobby said:

Hyde almost never pitches anyone 3 days in a row, but Cano has only thrown 12 pitches the last two days, and Perez only 13.   I’m thinking Hyde has them in the “available if necessary” category. 

I proved right about that.  So today, you have Fuji, Baumann, Coulombe and Webb all available as they didn’t pitch yeaterday, though Fuji threw 43 pitches the prior 2 days and Hyde might prefer to avoid using him.  Hall (18/0/16 pitches last three days, in reverse chron order) and Lopez (6/0/22) also should be available, though I’m guessing Hyde will try to avoid them.  

I’d dearly love to win this one, which would not only be an away sweep, but would mean a win of the season series with the Astros.  Hoping for 6+ out of Bradish, who was Astros kryptonite last year, throwing 16.2 scoreless innings in 2 starts.  Houston starter Javier beat us in Baltimore, allowing 2 runs in 5 IP.

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I don’t where the evaluation comes out with Tampa being better? It looks like a pretty evenly played 4 game split to me.

When watching any sport I usually look at what team is having to work harder than the other. I'm not saying that Tampa Bay is and will be the best team.. I'm really talking about this series. And my take was that the Orioles had to work hardee for it. BUT.... Hard work pays off and we did split it

My point though is there's a marked difference between these two series and it's nice to see the Orioles as the pointedly better team

Edited by Idaho_OriolesFan