The Tyler Wells story.

Natty

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

The O's management. Good luck convincing them on the OH that it's a bad idea. You could however, send an angry letter to the warehouse.

I text them all the time about players to go for. They said repeatedly they are only interested in players who are free or minimum wage . 

17 minutes ago, Natty said:

Who says we keep bringing in Fuji to ruin games like today. Instead of trying Wells? 

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

We lost today because the offense didn't score more than 2 runs. I expect the offense to score more than 2 runs before I expect the pitching staff to give up less than 1 run against the Astros.

4 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

We lost today because the offense didn't score more than 2 runs. I expect the offense to score more than 2 runs before I expect the pitching staff to give up less than 1 run against the Astros.

We lost today because we brought in a pitcher who had just pitched 1/3 of an inning and gave up 3 runs. 

So we tried him again in another very important game.  

Is anyone listening or is everyone blind?

Just now, Natty said:

We lost today because we brought in a pitcher who had just pitched 1/3 of an inning and gave up 3 runs. 

The vast majority of blind people can hear.

It also wasn't a "very important" game.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Natty said:

I think you're the one ignoring the facts. You can't pitch your best arms every. single. day. They have to use what they are given to use and sometimes, the results are bad. You thought this was a must win game, I suspect?

So...I'm trying to follow your narrative.  Let me simplify what everyone else is saying:

Yes, Wells was fantastic the first half.  A true bulldog for us.  We all love him and surely he will be a huge contributer for us next year.  He hit a wall mid-season from fatigue.  Rest and a recuperation period didn't help.  He's struggled in AAA with very little workload, thus clearly not ready for the majors.

You have to realize that he had several years of injury in the minors and has never truly been able to build up to a starter's annual workload.  Next year we should be able to build on his innings even further...but he hit his max for this season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The vast majority of blind people can hear.

It also wasn't a "very important" game.

If anyone does not know what one single win or loss can mean in the playoff scheme of things is not  important...They are not good at math. 

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

If anyone does not know what one single win or loss can mean in the playoff scheme of things is not  important...They are not good at math. 

If anyone doesn't know that if one single win or loss can mean the difference in the playoff scheme of things it means than they are all equally important...They are not good at English.

Edited by Can_of_corn

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If anyone doesn't know that if one single win or loss can mean the difference in the playoff scheme of things it means than they are all equally important...They are not good at English.

You are contradicting your own words... you said... "It also wasn't a "very important" game."