It's the ninth anniversary of the Delmon Young bases loaded double in the 2014 ALDS

OsFanSinceThe80s

3 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Yeah hated Delmon since the day he threw his bat at an umpire in the minor leagues.   That double he hit erased any lingering bad feelings I had.  I guess I am two faced.  LOL

I mean, what if the umpire was Angel Hernandez?

It was a Friday. I was at a day-wedding reception. Watched it on the TBS app on my phone while I held it up pretending to film the first dances. Another group across the floor was watching it too and perfect strangers celebrated together.

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Bringing up Delmon Young on a day where people are arguing whether a “bad clubhouse guy” in Bauer could fit in here just seems right.

No matter how clutch that double was, I really wish it wasn’t connected to such a human dirtbag as Delmon “I’m going to slap you in the face with money” Young. 

Greatest sports experience of my life - my son bought the two of us tickets to Game 2 as a late Father's Day present, and it was magical, got so loud it felt like the stadium had come to life and was going to walk away with all of us inside lol.  Seemed like one big roar that would never end.

I was a little surprised my son made it back for the Delmon explosion, he'd spied the future Mrs. Verlander a couple sections to our right, and disappeared for a while to try getting an autograph. Or something.

I remember the crowd: "Jusssssstin, Jusssssstin, Jussssstin" - Not a good day for Verlander lol.  Except, you know, he had Kate Upton waiting for him. 

That was the first and last playoff game either of us has been to.... until this coming weekend. My son got us two tickets to Game 2 as a late Father's Day present. Hmmmm.....

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2023 at 4:16 AM, backwardsk said:

I mean, what if the umpire was Angel Hernandez?

It was a Friday. I was at a day-wedding reception. Watched it on the TBS app on my phone while I held it up pretending to film the first dances. Another group across the floor was watching it too and perfect strangers celebrated together.

Sounds like a memorable moment, celebrating a game with strangers at a wedding reception. Imagine the added drama if Angel Hernandez were the umpire! Hope the newlyweds got a great wedding gift amidst all the excitement.