ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

19 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

It's not going to be tonight, and it probably won't be this decade, but I really hope that someday we get our just revenge against the Texas Rangers. I hate, hate, HATE this smug, overpowered team with a firey passion. And I hate the state of Texas.

Goodnight.

What the hell does “your hate of the state of Texas” have anything to do with baseball? Lol. That makes you root against another team based on that? Grow up, man. 

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

Well, baseball is different than other sports.  Now, you always take the bye b/c it’s a 100% chance of advancing.  But I do think that its a disadvantage to have 5 days off.  With that said, game 1 that bats were cold, but pretty similar to the last week’s worth of games.  Grayson’s start was awful under any circumstances and is going to be a loss almost every time.  How do you win walking 11?  Likewise, Kremer was a disaster tonight.  The at bat against Lowe had a ton of foul balls, but he was missing his spot by a foot (Adley’s calling for a fast ball up and in and its low and away and gets fouled off).  

Before everyone was lamenting how tired the team was and how badly they needed the time off. Now they want to blame that for us sucking.

6 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I wish I had Smoltz' optimism for this team. 

Why wouldn't you be optimistic?  This is a team that won a 101 games, is still very young and has the top farm system with several studs who should be coming up within the next year or two.  Considering that this team was complete garbage two years ago, the rebuild is way ahead of schedule and things should improve moving forward.