Coaching staff changes

eddie83

40 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Interested in wildcard’s take on how Holt’s wizardry will now be applied across the organization. 

Shocker for me.    There is a lot going on here that we/I know nothing about.

Sounds like the kind of move that Holt would make if he did not want to travel with the team all season.

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if the AAA pitching coach Justin Ramsey will get consideration as pitching coach.  He seems to be very well regarded by the pitchers.  

Makes sense to me. You know other teams will want to be talking to these guys.  

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if the AAA pitching coach Justin Ramsey will get consideration as pitching coach.  He seems to be very well regarded by the pitchers.  

Justin Ramsey article from the Baltimore Banner:

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/justin-ramsey-coach-orioles-pitcher-WK3O2LRDJZGALBBYNL6NASVY2U/

Ramsey's connection with some of the O's pitchers:

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2022/08/22/minor-monday-norfolks-ramsey-hall-rodriguez-zimmermann/

Edited by wildcard

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Seems like Ramsey would be a natural fit. Interesting about Holmes leaving or not being retained or whatever. 

As for Holt, I think the Director of pitching is what he always wanted to be vs mainly a major league pitching coach. I know I was told the year he tried to do both it did not work very well, so this should give him more opportunities to see the minor league pitchers and ensure theire development is maximized.

It will be interesting to see if we see changes to pitcher's repertoire or roles in the minor leagues.