Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Last I heard they were still mad Angelos never really even tried to get him. He probably buys lunch though. He has family in the area. Seem like good people.

But it's cool because Angelos would later remedy his mistake by signing another power hitting 1B. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I keep checking the Cease thread on the White Sox board.  Someone posted this tweet.

That would be too funny.  The D-Backs #7 who averages 90 mph and projects as a 4-5 starter.  I’m sure there’s something more but this is funny on face value.

And we're supposed to believe we MUST give up two top global 50 prospects.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I keep checking the Cease thread on the White Sox board.  Someone posted this tweet.

That would be too funny.  The D-Backs #7 who averages 90 mph and projects as a 4-5 starter.  I’m sure there’s something more but this is funny on face value.

I'm sure they are thrilled over there contemplating that kind of return. 😅 Trying to imagine a similar scenario for this board... woof. 

Edited by interloper

49 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t put any credence in this rumor.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I've seen him in that range.  He's no fringe top 100 guy.

Agreed but I don’t believe he’s a global top 50 guy either. That’s a bit of an exaggeration.

Probably more top 80ish globally.

Im also surprised you are giving any credence to a bs rumor. Pretty sure you have spoken out against that before but maybe that’s only if the bs rumor involves the Os?

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s not a major site like BA or BP, but Just Baseball has him at 43.  Fangraphs currently has him at 57, so at least not far from top 50.

Are these sites all releasing their official right now rankings or is this still left over from the season and they haven’t done their official offseason rankings yet?

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Are these sites all releasing their official right now rankings or is this still left over from the season and they haven’t done their official offseason rankings yet?

I believe Just Baseball’s list is current.  They did a series of podcasts in October updating their list.  Fangraphs is I think “unofficial” though it’s been updated at various points during the season.  They usually publish their official list in February.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Here's my problem with guys like this-they aren't  journalists by trade and rarely vette their sources.  I think he means proposed, hypothetical is well hypothetical.........

Edited by SemperFi

9 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Here's my problem with guys like this-they aren't  journalists by trade and rarely vette their sources.  I think he means proposed, hypothetical is well hypothetical.........

I only posted it for amusement.  Someone on the WS board posted it.  As you can see in my original post I basically said there has to be something missing. I’m not trying to pass it off as real news.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I only posted it for amusement.  Someone on the WS board posted it.  As you can see in my original post I basically said there has to be something missing. I’m not trying to pass it off as real news.  

Hi RZ,

Sorry, didn't mean to direct that at you.  I just found his misuse of hypthetical ironic.