Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s irrelevant what the media thinks.  What’s relevant is the opinions of the other GMs who would like to acquire Cease, and the White Sox’s own opinion. 

True but Getz probably is feeling the pressure and will probably demand way more than Cease is worth. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is a White Sox next year. 

37 minutes ago, dystopia said:

True but Getz probably is feeling the pressure and will probably demand way more than Cease is worth. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is a White Sox next year. 

Yeah, with leadership like they have, they're liable to be stubborn and get no deal or do the opposite and take a bad deal for them. It's totally unpredictable.

I worry that Dodgers will elect the cheaper alternative in terms of $/luxury tax and choose to trade for Cease over signing Yamamoto. Yamamoto ending up with the Mets. Plus, we can’t touch the MLB/near ready young SP that the Dodgers have as spare parts and can offer. They could give the CWS 3/5ths of their 2024 rotation.  

17 hours ago, ChicagoTerp said:

Care to explain this comment?

Ripken obviously wants to see the model type trophy wife as opposed to just an attractive nice woman.   I chalk up another point for Cease that he doesn’t have Miss Georgia 2020 (I’m assuming his gf wasn’t) in his house and bagging the sexiest, most beautiful babe wasn’t his #1 priority.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I worry that Dodgers will elect the cheaper alternative in terms of $/luxury tax and choose to trade for Cease over signing Yamamoto. Yamamoto ending up with the Mets. Plus, we can’t touch the MLB/near ready young SP that the Dodgers have as spare parts and can offer. They could give the CWS 3/5ths of their 2024 rotation.  

I really need to go back and look at their SP prospects because I think this angle is a bit overblown.  I don't recall the LAD SP prospects as all-world by any stretch.  Miller isn't going anywhere.  They've traded Nastrini.  And the only other young SP that is clearly a tier above is Sheehan and I'm not completely sure he's on the block either.  The rest are basically in the McD/Povich tier or lower from what I've seen.

If a trade partner is zeroed in on SP targets even if they are mediocre, sure.  LAD has depth.

If a trade partner is a bit more open-minded and wants the BPA, then we've got the advantage.