Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I actually think Stowers is a really nice player for them.

the WS fans keep clamoring about left handed power bats. Stowers is the forgotten man and grossly underrated at this point.

A deal of Westburg, Beavers, Stowers and Povich is very solid for them. 

Still feels excessive to me. I’d swap out Povich for a lesser arm like Armbruster. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

At this point, some comic relief is always a good thing.

This was an actual trade suggestion on the WS board:

BOS if they are willing to deal from their top 3 or a quantity package from BAL including Beavers, Bradfield, Horvath, Povich, McDermott and another prospect. 

LOL!  These people are delusional and a slave to prospect rankings.  Just a 6 for 1 deal, no biggie.

At least @Chicago White Sox was smart enough to say that’s crazy. 

They are going to be disappointed. They made a crack to you and I about Ortiz not being in Baseball Prospectus top 101. I don’t go behind the paywall so I’ve never seen their 2023 or any previous list to know if he was ever on it.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

This offseason is just the worst lol.

I keep telling myself a good front office doesn't have leaks, it is a good thing we are not hearing anything.

But I sure would love to have an "insider" around here giving us some hints as to what was going on.  I mean at this point I think I would even take a fake insider.

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

They are going to be disappointed. They made a crack to you and I about Ortiz not being in Baseball Prospectus top 101. I don’t go behind the paywall so I’ve never seen their 2023 or any previous list to know if he was ever on it.

I saw…and yet I’m the one who has said over and over that I don’t think Ortiz is a top 50 guy and that thinking he can highlight the package is absurd. They don’t listen.  They don’t care about facts or what is actually being said(at least by me).

They just want to rant because Elias isn’t taking it in the poop chute  with no lube and then saying thank You for it.

Their best guy is telling them that they are over the top in their ask. They hang onto every word he says news wise but ignore him when he says these things. He seems like a good dude and is a WS fan, so it’s not like he doesn’t want the most possible but unlike the rest of that site, he can read the room. 

It’s also dumb that they are looking at one list. These lists are all over the place.  Apparently BP didn’t have him on before but MLB had him 50th. They are just going to quote whatever and ignore others.  It’s disingenuous stupidity.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Fans always over value their players being traded and under value the prospects getting back in return. Cease is not going to get them that type of quantity of quality prospects.

They want six guys, they can have Stowers, Bright, Vavra, Haskin, Cook and Armbruster and like it! :D

image.png.44914d5ed8569fc11f5be5386ff7494f.png

3 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

So Bradish actually throws his 2SFB (Sinker) harder than he throws his 4SFB; 94.4 mph vs. 95.0 mph. Thats a little unusual.

Cease did throw about 30 sinkers in 2022 (he didn't throw any in 2023) and threw it about the same speed 4SFB= 96.8 vs 2SFB= 96.5. Of note, his 4SFB in 2023 was 95.6 mph. Seems like he could throw the Sinker if he wanted to. 

When you have weird outlier pitches I tend to assume it's more of a coding error than a distinct pitch, especially if the velo looks the same as his normal FB. 

46 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I saw…and yet I’m the one who has said over and over that I don’t think Ortiz is a top 50 guy and that thinking he can highlight the package is absurd. They don’t listen.  They don’t care about facts or what is actually being said(at least by me).

They just want to rant because Elias isn’t taking it in the poop shoot with no lube and then saying thank You for it.

Their best guy is telling them that they are over the top in their ask. They hang onto every word he says news wise but ignore him when he says these things. He seems like a good dude and is a WS fan, so it’s not like he doesn’t want the most possible but unlike the rest of that site, he can read the room. 

It’s also dumb that they are looking at one list. These lists are all over the place.  Apparently BP didn’t have him on before but MLB had him 50th. They are just going to quote whatever and ignore others.  It’s disingenuous stupidity.

Yes.  They respond in such way that they are the authority.  They never respond to anything that are perceived negative stats by Cease such as pitches/innings or innings per starts.  They collectively decided that Cease is the only pitcher available and every team should pay king's ransom for him.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Rustbelt said:

Yes.  They respond in such way that they are the authority.  They never respond to anything that are perceived negative stats by Cease such as pitches/innings or innings per starts.  They collectively decided that Cease is the only pitcher available and every team should pay king's ransom for him.  

Because “we need it”