Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

The trade pool for Cease consists of guys that don’t have a path to everyday ABs or SP IP this year. Cowser, Kjerstad, Norby, Povich, and McDermott. Possibly the #32 pick. There’s enough to get a deal done in there. 

The question is, are you giving up 4 players from that pool? Seems like that's the only deal Chicago accepts, and they probably would rather have Mayo in there, too. 

Based off of what was said post Burnes trade, it sounds like the Os offered the Burnes package “plus another player”

That report makes me think it wasn’t a Kjerstad or Cowser type guy but maybe more Dylan Beavers.  I also don’t think the report mentioned the pick but let’s assume it was in there.

With the pick no longer there, the Os likely have to trade a player that has similar value to that pick.

So, I think you replace Beavers (if he was the guy) with Cowser or Kjerstad. Replace Hall with Povich. Replace Ortiz with Norby.

For the 4th player I would either put one of our Intl lottery tickets up (although I will say that not offering any of them up..some I’m keeping) or if they wanted a MLer or a prospect that could be ready within 2 years, I could see offering him guys like Wagner or some of the guys drafted in the first 4 or so rounds the last 2 drafts.  Just that group of guys.  Fabian as a 4th player may not be bad for them.

I just find it hard to believe they turn down that offer and go into the season risking him.

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The trade pool for Cease consists of guys that don’t have a path to everyday ABs or SP IP this year. Cowser, Kjerstad, Norby, Povich, and McDermott. Possibly the #32 pick. There’s enough to get a deal done in there. 

I personally care about Orioles baseball from 2025-2030 enough to not offer excess value for Dylan Cease in a desperation move. Not to say a move isn't there to be made, but just like before, they need to be considerate of short term and long term priorities.

• Upvote 2

The O’s would have already traded for Cease if they were going to do it. They didn’t because Getz was unreasonable in his asking price and that certainly isn’t going to change in light of this morning’s news. We can’t give in to panic trades. Go sign a starter. 

• Upvote 2

Chris Getz was already asking for the sun, the moon, and the stars before he had any real leverage over the Orioles. Now that the Bradish injury has given him some leverage, should Mike Elias give up the sun, the moon, the stars, and the asteroid belt for Cease?

Of course not. Moving on.