"An Organization in need of change" - I wanted Mike Elias before Mike Elias was Mike Elias

Tony-OH

On 12/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, Frobby said:

I am not surprised Tony remembered this.   It got a lot of attention at the time.  As I recall, some in the Orioles brass weren’t too pleased.  

Ha, I still remember seeing Syd in the Bowie press box. He walked behind me and said, "Make up any more lies today?" 🤣

It's hard to remember exactly what I said back, but it was something along the line of, "What were lies?" and he kept on going.

I honestly believe Syd was in the beginning stages of Dementia/Alzheimer's when he was given the job and combined with his healthy ego, it just created a very dysfunctional environment.

But it all started at the top, just like it always did. and 

The crazy thing is we finally got the exact system and GM that did the thing I always thought they needed to do, but it came with a "cone of silence" that has made getting any inside info pretty hard. 

Losing my press pass was unfortunate after all those year of having one, but I'm happy to give all that up for an organization is such good hands as Mike Elias. BTW, Mike still responds to me if I text him so I don't think it's him. 

• Upvote 2