Roch provides update on Os search for pitching

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

What was the update?

They’re still targeting a Burnes/Cease level upgrade. 

They may settle for someone lower if they strike out on high end targets.

They were never in on German.

They may make moves during the usually quiet holiday week.

Nothing concrete or anything beyond open ended speculation IMO. Considering Roch usually downplays the chances of significant moves though, it’s nice to see him report they’re still in on a TOR move. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

My biggest take away from that article is now that the Elias admin is hush hush, Roch gets most of info from OH.  

Any guesses on his username or do you think he just lurks as a guest? 

This forum is by far, the most informative of anything about the O's out there. Tony and the other admins, as well as the regular users are just fantastic with news and rumors. I only read Roch to find out what the "official" message that the front office wants put out there is. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

They’re still targeting a Burnes/Cease level upgrade. 

They may settle for someone lower if they strike out on high end targets.

They were never in on German.

They may make moves during the usually quiet holiday week.

Nothing concrete or anything beyond open ended speculation IMO. Considering Roch usually downplays the chances of significant moves though, it’s nice to see him report they’re still in on a TOR move. 

German was the only actually information in this peace. 95% of it is random musings about past moves during the holiday break. Also no offer to Uwasawa as had been stated on Twitter. 

"Definite interest" in Cease and Burnes means nothing. What team wouldn't be at least interested in those two?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I found the recap of big transactions during the week between Xmas and New Years to be interesting.  I bet there will be some this week now that Yamamoto has signed.  Not involving the Orioles, however.  

Yea I would bet that this year things will be a little different. The 2 Japanese stars were holding a lot of things up, at least according to those inside the game.

I could see Snell and Montgomery sign this week.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m just glad they aren’t interested in the Asian pitcher. Roch seemed skeptical from the get go, which was a positive for me but hearing some more confirmation is a positive.

Yeah, I don’t really see the need to acquire a guy who’s a serviceable 5th starter at best.  

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m just glad they aren’t interested in the Asian pitcher. Roch seemed skeptical from the get go, which was a positive for me but hearing some more confirmation is a positive.

I wish they were interested the Asian pitcher... One of the ones who went to the Dodgers.

2 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

This forum is by far, the most informative of anything about the O's out there. Tony and the other admins, as well as the regular users are just fantastic with news and rumors. I only read Roch to find out what the "official" message that the front office wants put out there is. 

I just realized that this is exactly what I do!  Thanks!