Contest: Guess the actual Cease trade package (Assuming it gets made)

RZNJ

Guess the Cease Trade Package  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the package that most closely reflects what you think it will ultimately be.

• Cowser+Ortiz+Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Cowser+Ortiz + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Cowser+Norby + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Cowser+Norby+Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Kjerstad+Ortiz + Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Kjerstad+Norby + Nothing else or a prospect outside the top 20
    • Kjerstad + Ortiz + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Kjerstad + Norby + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon
    • Westburg + Beavers + nothing else or a prospect outside our top 20
    • Westburg + Beavers + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/24 at 05:33

I not a Povich fan but maybe I should become one.  Just caught Connor Newcombe on Locked On Orioles Podcast.  He said Povich rated best on the Norfolk staff for stuff + for fastball, changeup, curveball, slider.   Hard to believe his stuff, excluding the changeup, rates better than McDermott’s.

So far, it seems that very few believe that Kjerstad would be part of a Cease trade.  I agree.  Hyde kind of singled him out for praise and Elias thought enough of him to put him on the playoff roster.   I’d be very surprised to see Kjerstad or Westburg go and that’s probably the major holdup.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I not a Povich fan but maybe I should become one.  Just caught Connor Newcombe on Locked On Orioles Podcast.  He said Povich rated best on the Norfolk staff for stuff + for fastball, changeup, curveball, slider.   Hard to believe his stuff, excluding the changeup, rates better than McDermott’s.

He makes the ball dance.  If he can throw strikes, he’s a serious weapon.  4 potentially plus pitches.  He was like. 2.0 BB9 guy in college.  Have always wondered if the walks in minors is just working on his stuff.  If he puts it together, watch out. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Westburg, Norby, Stowers, DeLeon

8 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Shouldn’t be trading our best pitching prospect.

8 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No McDermott or DeLeon.  Give them Povich.  Add in a guy like Stowers if needed.  

The thread isn't about what Elias should do, but about what we think he will  do, right?

I picked Cowser+Norby + one of Povich/McDermott/Johnson/DeLeon. That's not to say I'd make the deal. I don't know that I would, but that's to say what I think it'll be if it gets done. 

They seem insistent on Cowser or Kjerstad and I think the power for Kjerstad is intriguing enough to the Orioles to opt for him over Cowser. If Cowser is moved, I don't see the Orioles also including Ortiz. I'm not sure the Sox trade him to the Orioles if the Orioles don't cave on one of the OFs, but I also don't think the Orioles would cave enough to move both Cowser and Ortiz. 

So Norby becomes the #2 in the package and with the asks reported for the Sox from other teams, it's always a several player package. So that means there has to be a significant enough third piece and they seem to want a P in the package. So from there it leaves us with one of the four listed. I could also see a lower end throw-in 4th player, but I doubt that's someone of much consequence. 

4 hours ago, sevastras said:

There should be a moratorium on any more talk of Cease until there is any actual new information. Also, if they do trade for him, it should be mandatory that he shaves that dumb mustache. 

No, he must keep the mustache and grow it into a handle bar mustache.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

I didn't see the package I predict, which is Cowser, Westburg and 1-2 players outside the top 20 (e.g. Stowers).  

Yeah I think that's what it will take.  2 of the top prospects.  The best of the package is not too important.  Couple of lottery tickets with high upside.  I don't think Getz is parting w/ Cease w/o getting 2 prospects who could be regulars.