Roch: Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad, Stowers, Norby, and Al Suarez optioned

interloper

28 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Yes I just stated/acknowledged this reality in my post above. Really no one/no org can.

However, I would hate for your last sentence to be true. Why would we not be able to do big extensions when teams like the Royals, Rays, Guardians, etc have?

It's not that we won't do any extensions, it's that we won't be able to do them all and Boras's clients are the least likely to get them, IMO. So you extend the clock. I hate it, but I get the business side of it.

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

It's not that we won't do any extensions, it's that we won't be able to do them all and Boras's clients are the least likely to get them, IMO. So you extend the clock. I hate it, but I get the business side of it.

Uh well, we haven’t done a single extension that I know of under this front office. Unless I am recalling incorrectly. It wouldn’t be the first time…lol

3 hours ago, interloper said:

I honestly don't think this is about service time at all. I know the popular take is to be cynical about this kind of stuff. Ultimately we'll never know. 

You believe that Mayo and Holliday were sent down because Urias and Nevin are better players?

Kolten Wong did some of this, but he also isn't an Oriole anymore.

2:18
Baltimore: I guess we’re not going with the best 25 north.  Will the reporters question it when a GM or manager says it?

2:18
Ben Clemens: I don’t know if people remember this, but when Tatis first came to Padres camp as a minor leaguer, Machado started going to every reporter who would listen and saying that Tatis was one of the team’s best players and should start the year in the majors

2:19
Ben Clemens: Someone should be doing this if the players actually believe it

Ben Clemens: leadership isn’t just being all rah rah in the dugout, you know?

Ben Clemens: can’t just toe the party line if it’s a bad line
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Albert Suarez not on Norfolk break camp roster

This says he is.  From the Tides site.

Several members of the Triple-A break camp roster have played for the Tides in prior seasons. Armbruester, Baker, RHP Wandisson Charles, LHP Luis González, RHP Nolan Hoffman, McDermott, Povich, RHP Garrett Stallings, and Zimmermann are returning pitchers. González previously played for Norfolk from 2018 -19. Among the hitters, C Maverick Handley, Holliday, Mayo, Norby, Kjerstad and Stowers are returning. That totals 15 of the 27 break camp roster players that played for the 2023 Triple-A National Champions last year.

The new faces in Baltimore’s organization starting in Norfolk are pitchers LHP Tucker Davidson,Heasley, Krook, Ort, RHP Albert Suárez, and LHP Andrew Suárez. The new hitters are C David Bañuelos, INF Diego Castillo, INF Errol Robinson and INF Daniel Johnson. That rounds out Norfolk’s 27-man break camp roster.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

This says he is.  From the Tides site.

Several members of the Triple-A break camp roster have played for the Tides in prior seasons. Armbruester, Baker, RHP Wandisson Charles, LHP Luis González, RHP Nolan Hoffman, McDermott, Povich, RHP Garrett Stallings, and Zimmermann are returning pitchers. González previously played for Norfolk from 2018 -19. Among the hitters, C Maverick Handley, Holliday, Mayo, Norby, Kjerstad and Stowers are returning. That totals 15 of the 27 break camp roster players that played for the 2023 Triple-A National Champions last year.

The new faces in Baltimore’s organization starting in Norfolk are pitchers LHP Tucker Davidson,Heasley, Krook, Ort, RHP Albert Suárez, and LHP Andrew Suárez. The new hitters are C David Bañuelos, INF Diego Castillo, INF Errol Robinson and INF Daniel Johnson. That rounds out Norfolk’s 27-man break camp roster.

Oh, ok. I was looking at the roster page.

Not sure why they don’t just list the roster in these releases. 

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Oh, ok. I was looking at the roster page.

Not sure why they don’t just list the roster in these releases. 

On. Milb.com it lists both Suarez and a total of 29 active players if I counted correctly.  Haskin and Burdick also listed.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

On. Milb.com it lists both Suarez and a total of 29 active players if I counted correctly.  Haskin and Burdick also listed.

This is what I saw. Anyway, probably just hadn't been fully updated.

image.thumb.png.05c15804e3d1b1356a767a2b0661b2ff.png

I really think it’s just a misunderstanding my the average-ish fans of roster size. You only get 13 position players. 

Let’s face it, it’s been since 2016ish that DD had to do the day-to-day incremental roster moves to win that day. 

Most people know more about the NFL where there is no minor leagues and a 53 man roster plus practice squad players. Also, everyone sort of plays and rotates in each game. Even OL now. Baseball just doesn’t work that way. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I really think it’s just a misunderstanding my the average-ish fans of roster size. You only get 13 position players. 

Let’s face it, it’s been since 2016ish that DD had to do the day-to-day incremental roster moves to win that day. 

Most people know more about the NFL where there is no minor leagues and a 53 man roster plus practice squad players. Also, everyone sort of plays and rotates in each game. Even OL now. Baseball just doesn’t work that way. 

I have no idea what you’re saying. 

We’re also a little spoiled with resources. Look ar what it’s taken to get called up and given a shot recently,

Adley #1 prospect at the time of his call up.

Gunnar #1

Holliday #1

Cowser #12ish last year on updated lists

Westburg #40ish

Mayo, Basallo, and EBJ, will probably be the next three prospects up that will be handed everyday roles. I imagine they’ll be ranked pretty high.

We’re coming off a 101 win season. We’re not exactly the Oakland A’s.