It's done - We have new owners! - Press conference right now on masn Orioles YouTube channel

spleen1015

• spleen1015 changed the title to It's done - We have new owners! - Press conference tomorrow 11am

Good day! I have big hopes the new ownership group will improve the Oriole fan experiences that deserve real attention:

affordable MASN accessibility without cable contracts

Remove the TV’s that do not work at Camden Yards, replace them too!

Increasing or competitive payroll

extend/acquire elite talent

Annual OH free night at the yard

that should be good for 2024!

11 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

This video was very well done! Gave me goosebumps. Looks like the Orioles social media/media team have learned a thing or 2 from our other professional sports franchise in town about who to tell a story using video media. Now let's hope they get the part right on the field that brings us a championship!

• Upvote 1

I recognize that I have a lifelong obsession with my hometown team - the Orioles are probably loved at an unhealthy level -- but too late to save me now.

I am way, way too happy about the potential of this 'next chapter' which really started with the hiring of Mike Elias. 

Someone already used "LFG" and I heartily concur. 

Let's *&^%$#@) Go O's!

• Upvote 1

Easily the best birthday gift I could have ever gotten. 

I've said many times that the day the Angelos family sells the team would be second only to an ensuing World Series championship. This is such a good day and such a good feeling. 2023 couldn't have been a better springboard into this new regime. I feel like the possibilities are endless. We are extremely good already, and I have no reason to think we aren't on the verge of becoming significantly better.

Here's a little clip from ESPN's pre-season prediction article:

In the eyes of a lot of rival execs, the Orioles have far and away the most talent in the AL, with Adley Rutschman, who's perceived to be the best catcher in the sport; Gunnar Henderson, who won Rookie of the Year; and Jackson Holliday, who might win Rookie of the Year if he's called up to the big leagues soon enough.

It's going to be a hell of a ride in 2024, and I can't wait to see what lies ahead. 

• Upvote 1