2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

6 hours ago, Birdland in NC said:

Love the lineup…. Nothing is gonna get thru the infield 

I just watched the condensed game. Looked like we benefitted from a lot of balls getting through their defense. Jorge did botch a possible double play though.

It will be interesting to see the lineup today.  Gotta figure O’Hearn is a lock…only way Cowser plays is if one of Hays/Mounty/Taters sits.  Out of that group i would say Hays most likely, but I’m doubtful. If Kemp plays I may vomit.

2 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

It will be interesting to see the lineup today.  Gotta figure O’Hearn is a lock…only way Cowser plays is if one of Hays/Mounty/Taters sits.  Out of that group i would say Hays most likely, but I’m doubtful. If Kemp plays I may vomit.

Hyde-Sig seem to love matchups so my guess is Cowser plays, Mountcastle sits. If Cowser doesn't play vs RHP then I don't know what he's doing here. 

11 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

You’re going to see Cowser and Kemp. I’d be very surprised otherwise

23 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

I bet they switch out Kemp for Mateo and Cowser for Westburg. 

8 minutes ago, oriole said:

Yeah early in the season Hyde definitely likes to get everyone in there quickly to get their feet under them. I expect Cowser, O’Hearn and Kemp to be starting today, and one of Hays/Mountcastle to be out (probably Mountcastle?). McCann will be starting Sunday. 

Will be a good test to see if Westburg is going to be more of an “everyday” guy than last year if he’s at 3B with Urias on the bench today (and Kemp at 2B). Especially since Westburg DH’d game 1, that’s what I’m expecting today at least. 

11 minutes ago, oriole said:

I fear you may be right about Kemp and they will alternate Urias and Westburg vs RHP. I wonder if the idea is to basically create a situation where Holliday can't fail. Play the vet until they run out of gas. Then the rookie can't possibly be worse and anything Holliday produces is an improvement. I hope it happens faster than with Frazier/Westburg. 

5 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

Yeah I could see that. But if that happens they will also sub out Mounty for O’Hearn.

Hopefully Mountcastle is a platoon player until he has proven otherwise. His splits last year were atrocious. Otherwise Cowser is riding the bench all year and I think both Hyde and Elias would agree that is a terrible idea.