2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

5 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

Yes, the going-in plan is to pinch hit O’Hearn for Westburg as soon as a righty comes in (probably Kemp for Mateo as well).

I'm curious to see how Cowser is utilized to start the season. I hope he gets regular at bats and isn't sitting on the bench 5 or 6 days a week.

I don’t see Cowser getting regular at bats.  He won’t play much if at all against lefties and probably about half against righties so maybe a few games a week to start off.  He could play his way into more time or get more time with an injury.

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm curious to see how Cowser is utilized to start the season. I hope he gets regular at bats and isn't sitting on the bench 5 or 6 days a week.

My guess is that he'll probably be used depending on who needs rest and who hits better against that day's pitcher. I can't find historical splits for Cowser in the minors, so he'll probably hit against RHP to start out when someone like Cedric or Hays historically can't hit a pitcher well. We're going to need to let Cowser struggle a bit like Gunnar did last year, but I think he'll figure it out. 

Love that it's opening day.  Hate seeing both Urias and Mateo starting in the infield, but we all knew it was coming when they sent Holliday and Mayo to AAA.  I know some, like me, are going to complain about it, while others are going to complain about those of us complaining!  But whoever is in the lineup and whoever is unhappy with it or unhappy with those unhappy with it, its OPENING DAY!  Let's PLAY BALL, and get that first of 100+ wins!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Love that it's opening day.  Hate seeing both Urias and Mateo starting in the infield, but we all knew it was coming when they sent Holliday and Mayo to AAA.  I know some, like me, are going to complain about it, while others are going to complain about those of us complaining!  But whoever is in the lineup and whoever is unhappy with it or unhappy with those unhappy with it, its OPENING DAY!  Let's PLAY BALL, and get that first of 100+ wins!

Root for the laundry!

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

My preference would be to see him play everyday in RF with Santander at DH. Put Westburg at 2B and let Mateo ride the bench. Who would be a better hitter, Mateo vs lefties or Cowser vs lefties? Cowser would undoubtedly be an upgrade in RF and the difference between Mateo and Westburg 2B defense is probably marginal enough that whatever superiority Mateo has with the glove is negated by Cowsers better defense and Mateo and his noodle bat out of the lineup.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hope he gets regular at bats and isn't sitting on the bench 5 or 6 days a week.

I think this is the main reason some of the other prospects are in Norfolk and we have a guy like Kemp to warm the bench on Baltimore. Makes no sense to not have a young developing baseball player even play baseball on a daily basis.