2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Not sure how they expect Cowser to ever hit lefties if he doesn’t get chances to.

Most top five overall picks/top 50 prospects aren’t immediately pidgeon holed into a platoon role in favor of no-hit utility infielders. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, oriole said:

My preference would be to see him play everyday in RF with Santander at DH. Put Westburg at 2B and let Mateo ride the bench. Who would be a better hitter, Mateo vs lefties or Cowser vs lefties? Cowser would undoubtedly be an upgrade in RF and the difference between Mateo and Westburg 2B defense is probably marginal enough that whatever superiority Mateo has with the glove is negated by Cowsers better defense and Mateo and his noodle bat out of the lineup.

This.  I'd have Westburg at 2nd today, Cowser in RF, Santander at DH, with Mateo on the pine.  SO many tried to argue with me that Mateo was rarely going to start for this team, and he was going to be regulated to just a role/bench player and late inning pinch runner....well, here he is starting on OD.  I, for one, am not surprised at all.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess Hyde is 1/1 in setting lineups so far.  11 runs will suffice. 

His lineups won 101 games last year, and that didn't stop the moaning and groaning today.

(and now cue the folks who are convinced that Elias or Sig or Eve make the lineups, not Hyde)

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't have too much of a problem with Urias being in the lineup.  I think he gets a bad rap on here but whatever, I get it, he's in the way of younger and more exciting prospects.

Mateo, on the other hand...

Urias has been a quality player during his time here and won a gold glove in 2022. Urias is likely going to get outperformed by the prospects coming up, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

I made the mistake of listening to 105.7 The Fan in the car a couple days ago and Jason La Canfora was ragging on Urias like he's Pat Valaika or some AAAA type player. La Canfora might be the worst baseball analyst I've heard on Baltimore sports radio. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Urias has been a quality player during his time here and won a gold glove in 2022. Urias is likely going to get outperformed by the prospects coming up, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

I made the mistake of listening to 105.7 The Fan in the car a couple days ago and Jason La Canfora was ragging on Urias like he's Pat Valaika or some AAAA type player. La Canfora might be the worst baseball analyst I've heard on Baltimore sports radio. 

He’s in love with the kids which we all do too. The problem is when you have MLB ready contributors you don’t just replace them to replace them. Mateo and Urias are not Adam Frazier. They have put in the work here as a part of this Baltimore rebuild. Mayo and Holliday are coming and we will be fine.

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

Only thing I don't really like so far is as soon Hyde sniffed a right handed picther he pulled Westburg 

You're complaining about having O'Hearn come in and smack a double and score a run?

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

JLC has been atrocious everywhere he’s been.